Honduran Redpoint

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
Most likely. Unless you have an overly aggressive female, there should be no aggression problems. The biggest problem is that the Honduran Redpoints will often mate with convicts.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
they will hybridize and IMO its not enough room for both of their territories at the bottom. maybe an angel instead bc theyre more in the upper region? thats what ill be doing with my cutteri(closely resembling a convict)

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Ok so they are pretty much the same cichlid as a convict?
Closely related, but generally not as aggressive as convicts. Female convicts are notorious for hybridizing with just about any other species in the tank if there isn't a male convict available. However, if the HRP's are an established pair the male isn't as likely to breed with the convict.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
i have a few cutteri/HRP hybrids, and they are alot nicer then my normal convicts..... but yes i would either get it a mate and a school of dithers like danios as there top region schoolers. so maybe like 8 danios

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store