minnow with white-ish blue line on back?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
I just noticed today that my Minnow has a line along his back. It looks almost like ich, but it is only visible in a straight line from his face to his back, almost looks fuzzy. He's eating and acting fine. I don't know the water parameters yet.No other fish have been introduced and the tank has been running for a couple of years. Right now there are only 2 goldfish and the Minnow in about a 36 gallon cold water tank. I will post pics soon, sorry if it is hard to see, he wouldn't stay still and the tank needs to be cleaned a bit.

Last edited:

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
here are some pics, again, sorry if its hard to see anything, my bf doesn't ever clean his tank no matter how many times I nag at him

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
It's hard to tell from the pic, but my guess would be a scrape of some kind that has gotten fungus. I would do a large water change and clean the tank. You can treat in main tank, but if possible transfer the minnow to a hospital tank and treat with Binox or other anti-fungal medication.

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Looks like a scrape to me too. The minnow should be okay, it'll just take a while to heal. Water changes are always a good idea, keeping an open wound clean is a good idea for any animal :). My blood parrot had a large one that healed without any help from me other than keeping the water/tank clean.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store