Hopeful I won't lose power again..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
so far (knock on wood) surviving the snow/ice storm.
had 10" of snow at the house followed by 1" freezing rain.
the snow wasn't the issue.. but when you get supercooled rain that freezes on impact.. on top of the snow..it was a recipe for disaster.. trees began toppling over and branches snapping off like twigs at around 6 pm wed evening..the first outtage hit at about 7 pm. I did the normal precuations.. coving the tanks to minimize heat loss.. but another concern.. we loss of circulaion and low O2.. lucky for me the power was only out about 3 hrs and I was able to get all the tanks restarted..
then at 5:30 we lost power again..fear struck and I recovered the tanks..and got word that work was going to open at 9..so I drove in worried about my tanks but very concerned about the altums and how well they would handle the problem.

work closed before i arrived (discovered after I arrived of course)so I turned around and began the 2 hr treck back to home(normally 30-40 minutes)..
if you don't already know. Tacoma is on a hill.. my office is about 3/4 way down to the bottom.. home is about 500' higher in elevation and most of the drive home is uphill ;)
power was back on.. by the time I arrived home.. restarted the tanks.. then checked on the babies(Altums)..they did not like the effects of power outtages but seemed to have survived tho very, very skittish..

I really need to get a generator

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Glad things seem stable...was wondering why some of our distribution centers were closing out there until I hit the national weather news.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Power did stabilize tho there are still plenty of folks who are still without power.I did lose network most of the weekend tho.the Altums were frightened but are slowly getting comfortable again.. Ihad been working hard with them with daily water changes.. they seemed to have gotten use to them and for awhile would hang out when I was siphoning water and seemed to enjoy the 'new' water when it was poured in.since the power problems they tend to hide again.. but this really just makes me want to get thiier permanent tank up..planning a 125 with driftwood..black water biotope.saturday I was able to get out with my truck (in 4 wheel drive) and get supplies.. sunday the weather had improved enought to be able to get the car out.today.black ine.. made for a tough drive to work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store