Hillstream tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Well I decided to add stiphodons to my tank so it is not a only loach tank anymore (thread of the loaches: http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?254878-Hillstream-loach-tank-questions). I ordered a few stiphodon perc. a few days ago but the shipment was delayed for 6 days and 4 of the 6 stiphodons ended up dead. Going to re-order some more. The only surviving was a pair. Was bummed that the others didn't make it. Here are 2 photos of the surviving pair (very bad quality as I was in a rush coming back from work) in qt:

FTS (a lot of brown algae on the glass wall but haven't done WC yet; will clean it tomorrow; suction cups are annoying...I gave up):

A gastromyzon:

Anyways, the stiphodons are very small. I'm quite surprise by the size even though I knew they were going to be this small. I hope the stiphodons survive qt.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
I am SO jealous of this tank :)
Thanks :). I'm loving how the tank is turning out. Not great like other members' tanks on here but enough for me.

Will be getting my s. perc. replacements sometime next week.

Forgot to mention tank:
23 gallons
- Eheim 2215 filter
- Hydor koralia 240 and 425 GPH powerheads
- 40 watts of light
- once or twice weekly dose of ferts
- 30% to 40% weekly WC (sometimes twice)
- root tabs for my lotus, crypt, and vals

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Yea I was planing to try the gel food on them today. My loaches do love it now too. They didn't in the beginning. Hopefully the new perc. replacements don't get stuck in the mail again. First time an order of live fish took 6 days to get here.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Haha I'm also trying the repashy. I'll see which one they like better and let you know if I decide to get the Mazuri instead.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Yea I was bummed when I saw they were dead. I should get the replacements sometime this week and will try to get pictures if I can. I was looking at the two survivors in the qt tank and they swim funky. Haha. I'm just a little worried they will get stuck in my koralia powerheads when I move them into the main tank as it looks like they can fit in some areas of the powerhead.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store