which do you prefer in bettas female or male

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

which do you prefer

• male

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • female

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • either

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
so i was curious which you guys prefer, male or female bettas. i personally like the look of females better, they seem happier too

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
I also prefer female bettas. Just as colorful but not weighted down with those huge fins, so generally more active and peaceful.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Male bettas draw the eye better for me and I believe, most folks.

Jill-O

All American Girl (all grown up)
Males. I think they are more interesting to watch, and more beautiful.

elinore

AC Members
Aug 7, 2010
Far Northern WI
Real Name
Ella
I only kept males for years, then got a female just to try. I ended up absolutely LOVING her personality and movement compared to my males, which, while they all had distinct personalities, shared slower movement and less activity than my female. Honestly, I think my girl was more aggressive than any of the males I've ever had so I was never tempted to do a sorority. She was so happy on her own, and I was super happy with her! About a year ago, I bought a plakat male, hoping to get the "best of both worlds," but honestly I don't think the genetics were very good, as he aged very fast and seemed to fade away after only about 8 months. I had my female for 3 years. She just passed away and I really miss her! When I decide to get another, I will definitely get another girl!

teigan666

AC Members
Sep 26, 2010
Peterborough Ontairo
Real Name
Teigan
i like both i'd prefer to own a bunch next project is going to be to buy 4 pretty females and a very nice male put them all together and see which one the male picks then breed them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store