FT 2 small HOB filters for 1 large in trade or for sale

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
I have two filters rated for 30 gallons but want to overfilter a 29 gallon without running both in the tank. So anything aquaclear 50 or better or equal to just different brand would work just let me know what you have. If I can't find a trade I am open for selling these filters for $20 each so I can pick up a filter from the store.

First filter is a Rena Smart 30. It has 2 filter elements and a dosing port for meds or fertilizers. This thing is really quiet if you have never heard one, beats out the aquaclear line pretty easy for noise. I used it for about a year before switching to something larger, then used it for QT for about a year now it just sits in a cabinet.

Second filter is a Aquaclear 30. This has never been used full time only as a QT filter for a couple years now. So it's only been ran maybe 3-4 months total.

Both filters come with all the parts and extra filters. Let me know if you have trades and what you have or if you want to buy either of them as I will open them up for sale if no good trade comes in.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I would trade you your AquaClear 30 for an Aqueon 50 if you're interested, it's 250 gph:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004W50KKY/ref=oh_o02_s00_i01_details

It's a great filter, does a fine job as the secondary filter on my 55 gallon tank, but the whooshing water noise is a little too much for me. It isn't mechanically noisy, just the splashing noise it makes. They redid this filter and renamed it Aqueon 55, and now it's 400 gph. I don't know if they addressed this issue, if anything I imagine it's worse with more flow! I know for some people, they don't mind that noise and even like it...I prefer filters to have their output slice through the water at the surface rather than splash from above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store