Any JBJ Nano Cube 28G Quad CF owners?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Had no plans to setup an additional tank atleast not such a small one but I'm selling something and have a buyer offering to trade me a brand new nano cube and the stand for my item, was asking $250, the cube and stand seems to go for $300 at the cheapest.

I read up some on the cube lighting won't support everything I know, already got extra pumps, heaters, dry rock etc only thing I'll need to buy is some live sand and a skimmer, so my main question for owners is are you happy with it, looking back do you wish you had gone with a conventional tank instead of all in one? Lastly any suggestions on mod's if I do take it?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I can definitively tell you that I am much happier with my conventional tank. I started with an aquapod and almost immediately felt restricted in terms of system setup and live stock options. You also lose a lot of room in the dispaly due to the false wall. These tanks are ideal for biotypes where one or two species will be the focus but an for an all out reef, AIOs would not be my personal choice. I think the ability to pick and choose individual components (particularly lighting) is huge. You often hear (and rightfully so) that you really should decide what you want to keep before purchasing equipment. This is even more important for AIOs because you are paying for lighting, pump(s), skimmers, etc in that lump sum price. If those compoents don't cut it for what you want to care for, well you're automatically paying for equipment twice. The other disavantage is that modifications to add "after market" components typically takes away from the AIO look of the system and you have things hanging off the back, etc. If I were considering an AIO, I would either make sure it had what I need to at least be flexible in terms of livestock or I would look for just the tank without lighting, skimmers, etc. A conventional system may cost a little more to get going but most of the time, modifying an AIO is likely going to costs just as much if not more.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Kinda what I was thinking, I already have a 90G and 40G SW setups. The dimensions seem tiny compared to my 29g normal tank, like 18x22x22 for the cube. Was thinking of maybe trying to see if I could breed some sort of inverts shrimps or crabs in there, if I stocked it with fish I have some percula fry I'd put 1 or 2 in and probably a goby and call it a day as far as fish go.

I could flip it on CL but its going to be hard to resist the urge to set it up lol.

reef tank junki

Registered Member
Feb 18, 2012
Im very happy with the all in one but wish i could have a better skimmer but with a hood im limited ..but ive had it for two yrs now and all my corals have grown great
..all in all its worth it for the cost

Sent from my LS670 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jared185

AC Members
Jan 24, 2012
I have one its OK but the problem is its small so not very much you can do with it I mean its OK but very limited would make a good satellite tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store