WTB UV Sterilizer for 55 gallon tank shipped to 40372

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

FishDreamer48

AC Members
May 25, 2009
Kentucky
Like the title said I want to get a UV sterilizer that independent goes in the tank (does not have to be run through the filter) or may consider a canister filter setup with it already built in. The UV sterilizer will be going on my in my 55 gallon brackish tank. If no one has a used one for saleI also welcome advice on what type(s) you have or have had and like and do not like and why.

Thanks, I am hoping this will solve my algae problem.

bsmith

AC Members
May 29, 2007
STL
I NEVER advocate buying cheap/knock off equipment for our tanks but I traded for an ebay uv sterilizer a few years ago and it has been one of the best pieces of equipment I have ever had. Granted I dont use it very often. Maybe once ever few months for 5-7 days at a time (whenever I get GW) but it has been rock solid. I also have no idea how long or how many times the person I got it from used it.

So if you dont get any hits here, I would hop on ebay and get a nice submersible in tank model. I think they can be had for ~$40 shipped.

FishDreamer48

AC Members
May 25, 2009
Kentucky
I NEVER advocate buying cheap/knock off equipment for our tanks but I traded for an ebay uv sterilizer a few years ago and it has been one of the best pieces of equipment I have ever had. Granted I dont use it very often. Maybe once ever few months for 5-7 days at a time (whenever I get GW) but it has been rock solid. I also have no idea how long or how many times the person I got it from used it.

So if you dont get any hits here, I would hop on ebay and get a nice submersible in tank model. I think they can be had for ~$40 shipped.
One of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/9W-AQUARIUM...411?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231681103b ?

These are both ones I have considered getting. I actually had ordered that same type of canister filter from a company I had order before, but it turned out they never had the item in stock and I was so ticked I did not want to order anyting else from them. They are actually the ones who have the UV sterilizer, but I may have to break down and buy it anyway. Thanks both for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store