Tegu Enclosure

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Had a little free time this week, so we set up a tegu enclosure for Keoni.

Here're a few pics... mind you, it's not done yet.

6cb770b2.jpg

623c0886.jpg

aa1f8c55.jpg

fad769cf.jpg

e0c14f3d.jpg

^^ Our malamute's got a new hobby....... lizard watching!!

6cb770b2.jpg 623c0886.jpg aa1f8c55.jpg fad769cf.jpg e0c14f3d.jpg

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
So jealous, Tegus are awesome! Can't wait to see it finished, good luck.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Thanks, UN. He's a sweetheart. Haven't decided what to plant in it... maybe some nasturtiums. :)

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
It looks great Kash! So what are the dimensions of the enclosure? I'm thinking live plants are probably not going to last long with a heavy lizard walking on them. You might have to go artificial.

DougsGraphics

Returning hobbyist
Dec 10, 2011
New Mexico
www.flickr.com
Real Name
Doug
Cool! Makes me think I should get with it an make something better (larger) for my growing Gambelia wislizenii.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
It looks great Kash! So what are the dimensions of the enclosure? I'm thinking live plants are probably not going to last long with a heavy lizard walking on them. You might have to go artificial.
Haha, I know. I was kidding though.... but wish I could. The enclosure is 5x2x2 which is minimal for a tegu. We'll still have to build a larger one within a year or two as he outgrows this one.

Last edited:

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
To clarify a little, we didn't build this one. It was relatively cheap off Craigslist. We got it a long time ago but had also just moved so it got stored amongst boxes and other stuff in the garage. We finally did some reorganizing there and in the house to make room so we could bring it inside. Meanwhile, Keoni's been camping out in a large tank, so the upgrade was truly needed.

These photos show the initial setup and adding the occupant. Next, we're going to remodel the door/top. Keoni is an active one. Didn't like the heat/uvb lamps hanging down into the enclosure where he could get burned. This is why only the bottom part of his water dish is there for today. The lid needs to be worked on before it goes back on.

Last edited:

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
I can't wait to see it all done! I too have an upcoming build. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store