I'm building a high end custom tank Stand and need your input..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cmc53

AC Members
Feb 3, 2012
Hi I'm building a tank stand for a 240 glass tank. I have checked through a lot of threads and noticed that most people just use a bunch of 2x4's and stand the tank on that. Which is great if thats what your in to but I'm looking for a much more sophisticated look. I want this one to look like a high end piece of furniture. Therefore does anyone have any Blueprints for a furniture like stand? If so can you please post it.

Also when making a tank stand should I leave 6 inches of space in between the tank and the wall for plumbing?

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
I have read a DIY stand idea that just uses the 2x4s as the bare-bones of the stand, then taking your higher-end pieces of wood and just covering up the 2x4 skeleton with that. Here is where I found it, I think the maximum volume that the calculator goes up to would be 210 gallons, but you can just modify the blueprints for where your 2x4s would go:
http://www.fishandtips.com/index.php

As far as the space on the wall goes, I would get all of your plumbing in first before you fill it up, and just have about 2-3 inches of wiggle room from where your plumbing comes out. You never know when you will need to take it out/put something in.

Cmc53

AC Members
Feb 3, 2012
Great link! Thanks a lot! The only problem that I had was when I put the measurements of the tank in it said that the tank was too large, and it had to be under 220 gallons. But I'm guessing that if I just changed the gallon amount to get the blueprints the extra 15 gallons shouldnt make a difference on the stability of the stand..

Cmc53

AC Members
Feb 3, 2012
nevermind .. it was because I clicked on the "add 1/2 inch" to both sides of the tank option. Whcih for some reason was recomended..

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I've used that site to build before its pretty good, also when you goto buy wood to cover it home depot usually has cabinet grade plywood few bucks more a sheet but its worth it IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store