Sundial T5HO, 30". How do I change the bulbs?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

manowar669

AC Members
Sep 11, 2004
So I have this light, and I can't get the clear plastic cover off. Most light fixtures, the plastic slides to one side. On this light, it appears to slide to the right, but it seems attached inside. Is there something I'm missing? I don't want to break it.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
It just slides off (slides away from the timers for reference). There isn't anything that locks it in place but if you look on the end (opposite of the timers), you will see a black plastic strip that sets right into the end of the fixture (it will be flush with the end). That "tab" is connected to acrylic and slides out with the cover as one piece. You may just have to pull there first or just pull from the end.

manowar669

AC Members
Sep 11, 2004
Thanks. That's what I thought, but it won't move. I already cracked that thin black plastic strip on the end. The salt creep must have really glued it on there. Maybe I can soak it with a wet paper towel?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Hopefully you got it off by now but yes I would assume a wet paper towel (maybe a little vinegar as well) should loosen it up.

manowar669

AC Members
Sep 11, 2004
Still have not gotten it off. Didn't think of vinegar. I do not have a spare bulb yet, so no rush yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store