Hello :D

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Aquasteel

AC Members
Feb 7, 2012
Cork, Ireland
Real Name
Caitlin
Hello :) My partner and I are in process of setting up our first freshwater tropical tank.
I have very fragmented knowledge in fish keeping, my parents had one when I was a child, I can remember the basics but not much else. It is completely new to my partner.
I found this site while researching a few things and found this site very beneficial.
I hope now I'm a member, to get some great advice from all established members. I will post a thread later on, detailing our set up so far and our future plans.

Will be nice to hear from you.
CJ

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Welcome to the forums! The first important thing when setting up a tank is it new or used? If used make sure to clean it well, you dont know whag was in there before or how the tank was before being taken down. Next is cycling, this is very important and you can do.it a.number of ways: there is the fishless cycle, fish in cycle, and instant cycle (try to use one of the first two). Let the tank cycle how you choose, I recommend buyong a api liquid master test kit so you can see the progression of your cycle. Once you are done (in a few weeks to a month) you then can start to stock your tank the way you eant. I may have missed it but how big is the tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquasteel

AC Members
Feb 7, 2012
Cork, Ireland
Real Name
Caitlin
Yes i will buy a tester kit tomorrow.
I posted another thread detailing the tank and everything ive done so far.
Thanks for the welcome.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
Hello!! Welcome. Best advice I can give is research, patience, research, more patience and try not to make impulse buys when you visit the LFS. lol, which is so much easier said than done.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store