FS or FT Top Fin, Aqueon and Aquaclear Filters Shipping/PU Danvers, MA 01923

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Hey guys, I have some extra filters and wanted to see if anyone was interested. I will accept US post office money orders and paypal. I'm also willing to trade any/all of these filters for a canister filter for a 37, white cloud mountain minnows, dojo loaches, freshwater gobies, shrimp, or plants.

Here is what I have (All work fine unless said otherwise):

Aquaclear 70- $40
Top Fin 60- $30
Top Fin 40 - $25
3 Aquaclear quietflow 10's - 10 each, or 20 for all. (Note: 1 is broken, it works sometimes, but othertimes it doesn't. If you know what you're doing then you can probobly fix it. I have no idea what's wrong with it)

I'm also willing to sell all of these for 110 shipped. All other prices don't include shipping, and I will be shipping via USPS. If you would rather do pick-up/meet-up than I can meet in the Northshore/Boston area.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I just cleaned this filter this morning for the first time in months - at least 6, maybe longer :eek:

I am really sorry, I was thinking after I wrote that "I know there was some reason that I didn't want to sell this filter...hmm..." and this is why. I no longer have the connector and seal ring on this filter:
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?250137-Need-replacement-gasket-thingy/page2

My seal ring rotted away just like it did for Petluvr and I threw it out. The connector didn't work without it, so I got rid of that too - so there is not a tight seal on this filter any longer. It works, but the flow is diminished and it more like dribbles than spews. (I thought it was because it was clogged, but nope, that's not why.)

It filters a 20 gallon fine (what it's currently on) but it's lightly stocked with tetras, rasboras and shrimp. It provides great biological filtration I'm sure, since both baskets are jammed full of Matrix ceramic media and Ehfisubstrat. I have a thick layer of floss covering the top (I use a chunky black hair tie as a separation between the floss and the tube on the media basket) and that seems to provide mechanical filtration without difficulty. (It did look like beef stew when I finally got rid of it today and replaced it with new, ugh. Although believe it or not, the biological media was fairly clean, so I think the floss is imperative.)

Anyhow, if you are a handy person, I'm sure you can figure out how to make a tight connection happen again. There are probably plumbing parts from the hardware store that would work to achieve this - and the OEM parts are available for sale, not sure for how much though.

If you're interested in trading your AquaClear 70 (which Amazon sells for $35 with free shipping, down from $40 about a year ago) or if you'd like to buy the filter for $35 shipping included, I'd be glad to sell it or trade with you. Since the media is heavy the shipping would probably be about $15 for parcel post, that's what it was when I shipped a similar filter a few months ago. I could sell it for less without the media, but I did spend about $30 on that media, and if it were me I would want it!

Anyway, I'm sorry. I completely forgot about this flaw, otherwise I wouldn't have even offered, but since you seemed interested I thought I would give you the whole story.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
I don't have the technical know-how to fix it, so I don't think that I could make it work. Sorry, hope that you can find someone interested in it!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I'll probably just keep it going until it finally wears out and then I can chuck it. It's supposed to be able to handle a 30 gallon + tank, but right now all it can really do is be the supplementary filter to a lightly stocked 20 gallon (or maybe the sole filter in a 10 gallon).

Sorry again! With 10 aquariums going, it gets hard to keep track of what's what.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
bump, can throw in some new top fin cartridges too for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com