FS Ilyodon frucidens (Goldbrested Splitfins) - Beautiful Mexican Goodieds WI shipping

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeJ

Pubished in TFH!
Mar 27, 2010
Green Bay, WI
www.thejakearium.com
Real Name
Jacob (aka Jake)
About Ilyodon frucidens

Ilyodon frucidens are a beautiful species of Goodied livebearer, native to streams and rivers in Mexico. They are mostly herbivorous, and eat really any type of food you give them (live, fresh, frozen, flake, etc). They breed readily in the home aquarium, and get to about 4" overall (females are slightly smaller).

An interesting note on breeding: Ilyodon frucidens are one of the very few fish to use an "umbilical cord" (aka, a placenta) to give nutrition to their young. This feature lets them give birth to especially large fry (up to 1/4"), increasing their survival rate. With my fry, I have fed them flake food from the start. No special care at all.

These guys require a decent sized tank: preferably 40 gallons or more. Although they are not picky about water parameters, it is best to keep them in water with a pH of about 7.6, with moderate GH. Temperature wise, they are a moderately cool water fish (68-72* F).

My Fish

102_2497 by ripariumguy, on Flickr

102_2494 by ripariumguy, on Flickr

102_2493 by ripariumguy, on Flickr

102_2482 by ripariumguy, on Flickr

These pictures really don't do the fish justice... I still need to work on my photography skills.

All of the fish are healthy and have never been sick/infected with anything before. They are fed regularly with Ken's flake food and occasionally frozen bloodworms. I keep them in a 40 gallon breeder in tap water (pH 7.8, medium GH).

Prices

• All 14 adult fish (2-4") for $50 + S/H* (Will also include 2 free Honduran Red Point cichlids (younger, 3" max) with this package!)
  • 7 adult fish (2-4") for $30 + S/H*
  • 3 adult fish (2-4") for $14 +S/H*

I cannot guarantee the gender of the fish. If you have any questions or comments, please PM me. Pick-up is also an option. All prices are OBO (don't, however, low ball me).

*S/H should be about $10-15 dollars, depending on number of fish. I do not have heat packs. Also I want to mention that I have never shipped fish before... I would appreciate any advice on this matter, and will research this topic when the time comes*

guppymonkey

AC Members
Sep 5, 2009
Michigan
Being from Wisconsin...this time of year you need heat packs. There is a thread about this, but I just can't seem to find it. MOD's any help with this?
Bump for nice fish.

SMinNC

What you give
Feb 23, 2009
NC
Ok going to try this with no link or Quote. Since my first Two attempts have failed, with ac not responding.

IT'S A STICKY AT THE TOP OF THIS THREAD. Called "How to ship fish plants...."

There, maybe if I yell it will go through.

Underwhelmed

AC Members
Apr 1, 2011
Real Name
Bryan

JakeJ

Pubished in TFH!
Mar 27, 2010
Green Bay, WI
www.thejakearium.com
Real Name
Jacob (aka Jake)
Hey guys! Thanks for the opinions with the heat packs. Temps here have been really warm (up until now...), so I thought I could get away with no heat packs I guess. Ah well! I'll try and find some. For those of you wondering how I'll ship, I'll have a stryofoam lined box filled with packing peanuts put together, with the fish in oxygen filled plastic bags from my LFS (I may be able to swing kordons... We'll see). If that sounds alright, feel free to send me a PM! Again, thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store