Chinese Algae Eater compatible?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Iamjustifyd

AC Members
Aug 17, 2011
New Olreans
Real Name
Sherry
I have a CAE that I didn't know would get aggressive. Now one of my Cory is dead and the CAE is in a bucket. I've read that they should do ok in a tank with other semi-aggressive fish. If I get a little 5-10 gallon tank with the Chinese what else to go with? Or not worth the hassle and just give him to a pet store? I'm getting a couple of Otto today. I have read they stay small and are gentle.

Iamjustifyd

AC Members
Aug 17, 2011
New Olreans
Real Name
Sherry
No, didn't see it happen but did see the chinese chasing my cory all the time and he had no dorsal fins left and a spot on him. I have a bigger cory and he got chased too. Was forgetting they got so big. Got my otto today and another cory. Thanks!

flyinggig

AC Members
Jan 7, 2012
Trinity Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador
Real Name
Greg
The big feller in the avatar is Cecil....... I loved Cecil.... and he loved me too...... But he got to big for my 10g..... moved him to my 33g..... but he started to get agressive..... first with some giant goldfish then onto anybody he could chase. Gave him to a friend with an indoor pond..... doing great! He cleaned algae like nobodys buisness!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store