Was I wrong to do this???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
So, I'm kinda feeling bad and not sure I did the right thing. My neighbor had 2 kittens, they didn't take care of them, just left them outside and didn't put food out for them, so they were always hanging out at my doors and running in my house all the time. When I said something to him the response I got was "they are farm cats, they will find food". Now of course I felt bad for them and left my garage door slightly open and put food/water out there for them..which in turn made them run in my house even more (they found were my cats food was rather quickly) and would run to it as soon as you would open the door. Then, I ended up having a flea problem, it took me over 200 bucks to get rid of he fleas completely in my house (of course if he doesn't want to feed his cats he's not going to get flea prevention for them either) I did break down and buy some crap from Wal-Mart...I can barely afford the stuff from the vet for my own animals let alone my neighbors, but of course it did nothing and with them running in every time I opened the door I kept finding more fleas!!! Then the horrible thing happened...when I was leaving one day I ran one over!!! He didn't die but was VERY hurt, I went to my neighbor and offered to take him to the Vet to be looked at and see if there was anything that could be done or if it would be better to "put him down"...he told me (again) "oh, their just farm cats we will keep a eye on him and if he doesn't seem to be getting better in about a week, I have a shot gun and the shells are much cheaper then a vet bill" Well, the cat was suffering (I put him in my garage in a box with blankets, food and water) he didn't even want to take the cat in his garage or anything!! Well, the next morning....I couldn't take the guilt so I put both the cats in my cat carrier and took them to our local no kill shelter. I knew at least they would get the care they needed, and hopefully find good homes. Now, this was about 2 months ago....the other day I saw my neighbor and he asked me if I've seen the cats....I just said no.

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
thats was mean!!!! ugh!

JK yes you did the right thing! poor cats were suffering and found someone they loved, atleast at the shelter they would get the right home :) :)

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
I agree you did the right thing. I do know people with a small farm and they have cats, however
they take care of them. I get it maybe he wants them to be mousers or whatever but at least
take care of them medically.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
I just wasn't sure if I should of told him what I did or not...but I figured if he didn't care enough to check on them for TWO months, he didn't deserve to know what I did.

They did both make it, I went back in the shelter a couple weeks after I took them in and asked about them, one had been adopted already, the other was still in vet care...so he did make it :D

LB, I am out in the boonies between Reedsburg, Baraboo.

I know bgourami.....living out in the country, yes there are many "farm cats" but you need to feed them still IMO and take care of them, when he said he was just going to shoot it I just couldn't believe it!!!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
ah down by ripon kinda then, eh? grew up for about a year in ripon, loved going to fond du lac toys R us as a kid LMAO. and yeah you did do the right thing, he could have called the cops if you would have told and said you *took* his cats without permission.. so great thing you didnt tell.

Bushkill

Registered Member
Dec 1, 2011
Bushkill, PA
Real Name
Angelo
I think you did the right thing. We had 3 mousers. One for each of the kids to care for. They spent days outside, and only came in the house when the weather was bad. We live less than a half mile from a huge state forest, and the mouse problem can get really bad here in the woods. When they were young we "homed" them for a few months so they would always stay close by. We had a female german sheperd that truly guarded them like her little flock. They all coexisted perfectly. The last one will soon be 13 years old and spends most of his time sleeping in his favorite spots now. For me, the moral of the story is that it's fine to keep an animal for an intended purpose. But that animal has to be treated with respect and cared for into its' old age.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Our cats do not go outside due to the coyote problem, not to mention the skunks and raccoons that have been known to be rabid. I certainly cannot afford a vet bill and had the animals long before I became disabled. It does not stop me from getting them their needed care. If you have an animals you are obliged to care for it. Saying I can't afford it is no excuse regardless that "the shells are cheaper than a vet bill". People like him should not be allowed to have any animals! Too bad there are too many people like him and too few like you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store