Is a Gold Gourmai ok with long finned fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I have a few fish in my tank that have long fins like my guppes and angelfish. When I got the gold gourmai, he was small and I was told he won't grow over 3 inches, he well over that. Well he be fine ith my angelfish, so far he chases my swordtails and ruby shark. I put a female betta in the tank and I haven't had him bother her one bit.

RSCN0927.JPG

RSCN0927.JPG

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
Gold Gourami's can get around 6 inches and they are a some-what aggressive fish. It just depends on the personality of the fish. Some are more mellow and laid back, while others will get really nippy. I think he may get big enough to become a threat to some of your guppies and will definitely go after their fry. They are a really pretty gourami but do get much larger than 3 inches.

cmfeher

AC Members
Nov 30, 2009
Chadds Ford PA
He probably will start chasing your angelfish at some time. Most blue or gold gourami are somewhat agressive, but that depends on individual fish.

spkehl

AC Members
Jan 1, 2012
Waco, TX
My gold has gotten more and more agressive as he has gotten older. He goes after my rainbows, blood parrots, moonlight gourami and giant danios that are in the same tank as him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store