my 37 gal goldfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cmbtengr1371

AC Members
Jan 18, 2012
this is my 37 gal gdfish tank. I have 4 fantails in there at this time. the driftwood is from my local lake soaked in the tank for 6 weeks before adding fish. I did a complete water change every week. it has one stem of cabomba for now, I may add some bacopa later.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1329277745015.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1329277763218.jpg

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Nice pice of driftwood, however, 37 gal is not a large enough tank for four gold fish. Sorry to be the one to tell you that but you may be able to find a good deal on CL for a 60 gal or larger. IMO 60 would be minimum with no other fish added.

cmbtengr1371

AC Members
Jan 18, 2012
of course its not my phone is jacked up and doesnt send all of my text. this is a start up until I get my 75 up and running for the wife. Im sorry for the inconveniance.

the driftwood I found while fishing and this is the only tank I own with the height enough for this piece. it is pretty lightweight so I hsd to trim it with a hacksaw ans screw it to a piece of plexiglass. the substrate is just plain play sand I had rinsed through a sieve. the sand holds it down nicely and it takes alot of effort for me to move it.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Nice pice of driftwood, however, 37 gal is not a large enough tank for four gold fish. Sorry to be the one to tell you that but you may be able to find a good deal on CL for a 60 gal or larger. IMO 60 would be minimum with no other fish added.
While there is no doubt that 4 goldfish require a larger tank, to the OP's credit they could have it much worse, at least this tank is nice and clean! For the time being just have ample filtration for those dirty fish of yours :goldfish:, the tank looks great tho!

cmbtengr1371

AC Members
Jan 18, 2012
currently I have a 40gal filter and I plan on upgrading to a 60 gal after I find it in my stuff. I want to put a canister filter on it but not sure which one would be best. any suggestions?

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Just switched my Goldfish tank to a Rena XP. I realy like it. Keeps the water nice and clear. I also have an H.O.T. magnum on the back of my other tank. Doesn't keep the water as clear, but it is a smaller filter and works pretty well.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Wow, that's awesome! I love the look you've got going there. I'd be tempted to put the wood in the middle and have the cabomba on both sides. Unfortunately goldies are little lawnmowers...fortunately, cabomba is one of the best as far as fake plants go, a quality imitation (once it has some algae growing on it) is almost indistinguishable from the real thing ;)

Those are small goldfish and they will be fine for a good while. I'd definitely recommend a 75 gallon or larger as their ultimate home, those are a common size and can be gotten quite cheaply. In the meantime, don't feed them too much, it will keep them from growing too fast :p: Veggies, like zucchini and cucumber, and roasted seaweed (nori) are great low protein foods for goldies...and it's large quantities of protein that usually drive fast growth.

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
Very nice! You could tape cheap poster board on the back, they come in a dozen or more colors, that's what I do with a lot of my tanks. But why exactly do you do complete water changes as opposed to partial water changes?

cmbtengr1371

AC Members
Jan 18, 2012
the reason I do major water changes is that there are alot of pieces coming off the driftwood thst float on the water or sink to the bottom so I do a huge water change to get em off the bottom and net the floaters

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
Oh, I see. Hopefully that will end soon, that has to be very time-consuming. Even all the partial water changes in my tanks take a lot of my time, I try to do one or two tanks each day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store