New Re-scape of Discus tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Looks lovely!

NB_Aquatics

AC Members
Jan 17, 2011
SW Ohio
Real Name
Nick
Awesome discus and tank!

Babillba

AC Members
Apr 21, 2008
West Virginia
Thanks all. Sad news though. Totally out of the blue I came home from work yesterday to find two of the discus doing very, very poorly, dark coloration, heads buried down in the sub. Immediately got them out, fired up the hospital tank, but they expired early this a.m. Really bummed. Cannot figure out what had happened. Tank is fine all numbers remain consistent. So, bitterly disappointed. I have lost discus over the years, largely due to Darwinism, with the weaker ones being dominated by larger, etc., but this mystery death is odd. Nothing new introduced beside plants, but they were "cleaned" as I always have with a bleach wash and are from a supplier I have used previously with these same discus. It was literally overnight. I am now down to two who are perfectly fine (knocking on wood). They are the two who previously have spawned. So strange and sad. David, this is a 55G.

Nice job, how big is your tank?

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!!

Sorry about the loss. Perhaps something got stirred up during the decorating and caused the issue?

AquatiCreations

Registered something or another...
Feb 25, 2008
Ahh, My eyes never tire of the beauty of discus.

A true shame that you lost the blues, perhaps it was stress from re-arrangement?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store