Page 1 of 122 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl Lady G's Avatar
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Blog Entries

Mafia 100-The Witches Return-The Game

Game Mechanics

1) You may NOT reveal your alternate identity to anyone. Doing so will lead to an untimely death (UD).

a. Hinting at your true identity through any posts, signatures, or avatars is forbidden.

b. Confirming to another player who guesses at your identity is forbidden.

c. Players’ true identities will be revealed at game’s end by those who wish to reveal who they are.

2) Each game day, everyone in the town has to vote to lynch someone. You vote by saying (in bold)… I vote to burn xx at the stake.

a. You must cast a vote for each day/night cycle. You can not vote to lynch ‘no one’ or yourself. If you fail to vote, you will die an untimely death.

b. If you decide to switch your vote, please state in bold you are doing so and the new vote. If you fail to retract your previous vote, the new vote will not count.

c. Do not put your vote in your signature.

3) Whoever has the most votes gets eliminated. If you have two and everyone else has one vote… you get lynched.

a. The priority of night time happenings is:

Herbalist's Protection
    Burn at the stake
    Witches death spell
    Warlock's spells
    Investigations
    UDs

b. If multiple people have the same number of votes, I will use a random number generator to decide which of those gets lynched.

4) Again, if you do not vote daily, then you will die an untimely death (UD).

5) Everything stays in the game, no PMing people and setting up deals or alliances, or discussing issues in this game on other sites. The sole exception to this is the authorization by me for special role players to do so. That's kind of the point. If you are discussing things, then everyone else doesn't get the benefit of your deliberations. Think town hall rather than internet chat room

6) You can claim whatever you want in the game, but you can't 'prove it' by posting any PMs received during the game (role assignment or otherwise).

7) While the use of site moderator ‘special powers’ can’t be controlled by the game moderator, using abilities not available to all players can present an unfair advantage. Site moderators are encouraged to not use such powers, and forbidden from posting any information gained through the use of such powers.

8) The Witches wins, when they outnumber the Innocents.

9) The Innocents win when they lynch all the Witches.

10) Do not edit your posts!

11) NO AFTER DEATH POSTS! IF YOU MUST, PLEASE KEEP THEM TO A MINIMUM!!! NO REVEALING ANY ADDITIONAL INFO!!!

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT AUTHORIZED PEOPLE COMMUNICATE VIA AN OFF SITE MESSAGING BOARD LIKE MSN/AIM/ICQ OR THROUGH EMAIL.

If for any reason you need to leave the game, please PM me, do not post it in the thread. IF YOU POST THAT YOU QUIT YOU DIE AS SOON AS I SEE THE POST. NO EXCEPTIONS. YOUR ROLE WILL BE REVEALED. I don't care if you recant the quit you will still die.

"In the game you will get accused, grilled, made to look like an idiot, and a hundred other things. REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A GAME. Do not take anything personally, but please keep posts within reason. Any posts that I feel are out of line could result in a removal from the game.”

Do not post until I say GAME ON!
    The happiest of people dont necessarily have the best of everything; They just make the most of everything they have. So Live it up, Laugh loudly, & Love deeply

Quote Originally Posted by IceH2O View Post
    I hear Mr Zaffy will give you a dollar if you pull his finger.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Blog Entries
    It appears that after a short calming period, a new threat has established a foothold in ACville.

It started with an increase of stray black cats, and continued with nightly sightings of strange things flying in the night acrooss the moon.

Can the Townies burn all the Witches, before they rule the town…?

You are a Townie. You must work together to destroy the coven of Witches before they turn ACville into their private haven.

You are the town’s Herbalist. You have a weak potion and it has limited duration so it cannot be used on the same person more than once. At the onset of night, you may protect one person with it and it will save them from being affected by a spell cast by the witches. You may communicate with the Prophet.

You are the town’s Prophet. Your job is to locate and eliminate the Witches. You can do an investigation each night in your search to rid the town of this evil. You may communicate with the Herbalist.

You are the Warlock. While you belive in your craft, you are not part of the coven and you are doing your best to learn how to cast spells. You just have problems with getting things right, sometimes. You have three spells at your disposal. You must use them on Nights 2, 3 and 4.

At the beginning of day 2, 3 and 4, you will PM me on who one of the spells will be used on. You even get to pick the spell. Spell #1 - doubles the vote of one person that night. Spell #2 - Converts a witch to a townie or a townie to witch, after the affects of that night. Spell #3 - forces a player to not vote at all and not have any consequences happen. You can not use the spells on yourself.

Your spells die with you if you are burned at the stake or a victim of the witches nightly games.

You are the Witches High Priestess/Priest. You and your wiccans are dedicated to take over ACville. You will PM me nightly on who your coven wants to cast a death spell on. You get investigations to find townie power roles. You may communicate with your coven outside the thread. If you die, the investigations end and each remaining witch(s) will have to PM in their choice for the nightly death spell but it only has a 50/50 chance of working without your high powers.

You are a Witch. Your job is to help the High Priestess/Priest kill all townies. You may communicate with the High Priestess/Priest outside the thread.
    The happiest of people dont necessarily have the best of everything; They just make the most of everything they have. So Live it up, Laugh loudly, & Love deeply

There is unrest in the forest [AC] Tree_Hugger's Avatar
    Usergroup
    Members
    AC Members
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady G View Post
    You are the Warlock. While you belive in your craft, you are not part of the coven and you are doing your best to learn how to cast spells. You just have problems with getting things right, sometimes. You have three spells at your disposal. You must use them on Nights 2, 3 and 4.

At the beginning of day 2, 3 and 4, you will PM me on who one of the spells will be used on. You even get to pick the spell. Spell #1 - doubles the vote of one person that night. Spell #2 - Converts a witch to a townie or a townie to witch, after the affects of that night. Spell #3 - forces a player to not vote at all and not have any consequences happen. You can not use the spells on yourself.
    I think it is safe to believe that one of the three spells were cast. I think it is also a safe assumption that Lady G posts was one of those spells. The third spell matches her post the most. I would expect that spell #3 was cast. So someone can't vote. Maybe this is why Doom has not voted.

I'm bad fo' yo' bones Yo! [AC] RICKETS's Avatar
    Usergroup
    Members
    AC Members
    Hammer, we should take this into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady G View Post

Your spells die with you if you are burned at the stake or a victim of the witches nightly games.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the rules tell us the Warlock already had to submit their target and choose which spell to cast immediately after the last nightfall. If that's correct and they did not already submit their PM to turn Wingnut from one role to another...... it's too late now.

Isn't it?
    The origin of the word "rickets" is probably from the Old English dialect word 'wrickken', to twist. The Greek derived word "rachitis" (ραχίτις, meaning "inflammation of the spine") was later adopted as the scientific term for rickets, due chiefly to the words' similarity in sound.

Mafia Goddess [AC] xx_Nemesis_xx's Avatar
    Usergroup
    Members
    AC Members
    Well done - this is an important point.

Quote Originally Posted by [AC] RICKETS View Post
    Hammer, we should take this into consideration.

Unless I'm mistaken, the rules tell us the Warlock already had to submit their target and choose which spell to cast immediately after the last nightfall. If that's correct and they did not already submit their PM to turn Wingnut from one role to another...... it's too late now.

Isn't it?
    Lady G might give us a clarification here, but I think you're right.

I'm bad fo' yo' bones Yo! [AC] RICKETS's Avatar
    Usergroup
    Members
    AC Members
    Quote Originally Posted by [AC] Tree_Hugger View Post
    Let's do this, there is a spell out there that can turn wing to a townie. Let's let hope that the warlock casts the spell on wing. So let's not burn wing and burn someone else. I think there is time to make that happen.
    Pending verification from Lady G, this appears to be a suggestion that could drastically hurt the town.

Quote Originally Posted by [AC] Hammerhead 991 View Post
    The funny thing is that we had had this thought too. Coming from most anyone else, the idea would be highly suspect. But under the circumstances it has a lot of merrit. The town would have to go along with it, but I'm all for it at the moment. If any other townie's are against this plan, I hope they speak up.
    Count me among those who are against the plan, Hammer. The idea is highly suspect and does not reflect well on the one who suggested it.

I know, I know.... Tree was instrumental in us burning Wiz. But other than their willingness to throw their boss under the bus, there's no other reason I can see for us to trust anyone other than Hammer 100%, not even Tree. Being the one to lead the charge against Wiz is what made Tree golden in the town's eyes. Based on previous game experience with players like Tree who post with the same level of expertise and can view long-term benefits from high risk tactics like this, it's not unthinkable they would be capable of that particular strategy. Ultimately, for the town to win we have to burn the last remaining witch. That means all it takes for the witches to win is to make that last surviving witch impossible to find.

Yes, Wiz was the high priest... but how do we know he was going to be able to play the whole game? This was the most inactive Wiz has ever been as evil. Losing their boss could have been something they anticipated and planned for in the scumden from the very start. I don't know, it just needs to be considered.

To be clear, I'm not using this possibility as reason to suspect Tree all of a sudden. The suggestion could have been just a mistake on his part. An innocent mistake, at that. We just really need to look at all possible outcomes.

That "insignificant risk" you mentioned before, Hammer, might not be so insignificant after all.
    The origin of the word "rickets" is probably from the Old English dialect word 'wrickken', to twist. The Greek derived word "rachitis" (ραχίτις, meaning "inflammation of the spine") was later adopted as the scientific term for rickets, due chiefly to the words' similarity in sound.

I is evil monstah! [AC] chupacabra's Avatar
    Usergroup
    Members
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Chupacabra del Gran
    Quote Originally Posted by [AC] C-note View Post
    To respond to your point. I did vote for tree after he voted for wiz. At the time I thought it was strange that tree would be poking at someone who wanted more posting in the thread. Lack of posting is generally a sign that the scum are having their way. I thought it was a weak reason to vote for wiz.
    Fair enough, but your vote still looks like you hoped to direct attention off of wiz day one.

I haven't dropped Doom off my list totally. He has moved down quite a bit though. And he's posting enough content that I don't feel I need to try and put pressure on him to get more out of him. He's participating enough that if he's evil, it'll be found out soon enough.
    I see. Good that you haven't named him a golden townie yet, that would be foolish.

I've been thinking a lot about something Wing said. "Is this really the best case out there?" or something along those lines. And when I looked at it honestly, I guess I have to say maybe, maybe not. To me it seems pretty strong, I can understand how other people would be dubious about it. So, in an atttempt to move past the questioning of Wing and on to hunting other suspects. And in an attempt to help the town redeem itself after a couple of bad games, I'm just going to come out and say it: I'm the herbalist. Wing is scum.
    I hate Role Claiming, true or otherwise... in this case it wasn't needed, but too late now... I still think that we should all vote wing though, as there is currently no guarantee that the Warlock can (or will) use the turn on him. We should wait until LG returns and tells us if the Warlock is even capable of using the spell on Wing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by [AC] xx_Nemesis_xx View Post
    I am still a little concerned by you Chupa - you have left me out and its a little surprising to me - I focused very closely on you before you made this post.
    So you think I'm OMGUSY? Just because someone is riding my arse doesn't mean I'm going to vote them or build a case against them. The only case I can see on you is that you are warning the town not to let Wing get away, which could simply be an attempt at ensuring we don't gain numbers when/if Wing is turned.

Quote Originally Posted by [AC] RICKETS View Post
    Pending verification from Lady G, this appears to be a suggestion that could drastically hurt the town.

Count me among those who are against the plan, Hammer. The idea is highly suspect and does not reflect well on the one who suggested it.

I know, I know.... Tree was instrumental in us burning Wiz. But other than their willingness to throw their boss under the bus, there's no other reason I can see for us to trust anyone other than Hammer 100%, not even Tree. Being the one to lead the charge against Wiz is what made Tree golden in the town's eyes. Based on previous game experience with players like Tree who post with the same level of expertise and can view long-term benefits from high risk tactics like this, it's not unthinkable they would be capable of that particular strategy. Ultimately, for the town to win we have to burn the last remaining witch. That means all it takes for the witches to win is to make that last surviving witch impossible to find.

Yes, Wiz was the high priest... but how do we know he was going to be able to play the whole game? This was the most inactive Wiz has ever been as evil. Losing their boss could have been something they anticipated and planned for in the scumden from the very start. I don't know, it just needs to be considered.

To be clear, I'm not using this possibility as reason to suspect Tree all of a sudden. The suggestion could have been just a mistake on his part. An innocent mistake, at that. We just really need to look at all possible outcomes.

That "insignificant risk" you mentioned before, Hammer, might not be so insignificant after all.
    Nem, right here you worry me. You sling mud at Tree, the closest thing we have to a golden player beyond HH, and then say you aren't suspecting him much. Sounds to me like your trying to have us lose trust in Tree. While it isn't scummy on it's own, I am worried about this statement.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Blog Entries
    Player list

[AC] BadHaggis
    [AC] C-note
    [AC] Doomsday988
    Wizard
    [AC] Driver8
    [AC]Gunslinger
    Firedancer
    [AC] Hammerhead
    [AC] HI-IQ
    [AC] maelstrom
    [AC] narwhal
    [AC] RICKETS
    [AC] scoop411
    [AC] Tiburon321
    [AC] Tree_Hugger
    [AC] UhOhChongo
    [AC] wing nut
    [AC] xx_Nemesis_xx
    [AC] chupacabra
    [AC] star-crossed

First nightfall Sunday 8pm central

GAME ON

Usergroup
    Members
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Chupacabra del Gran
    Also, FIRST!

Usergroup
    Members
    AC Members
    Real Name