Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    09-28-2012 5:50 PM
    Khemul

Have been out of the marine side of the hobby for several years due to hurricane Frances . Used to go to "barrier reef" in Boca any better shops around?? My friends who are setting up the 200 only experience is keeping two goldfish in a bowl For some odd reason they died lol .I have a couple of sites in mind IF they can't get out in the boat. But since for a tank that size they'll certainly need a setup for water changes anyway.
    Breaks down to bringing the water home .

A Austin Most public aquariums use the "open " method if near the sea if not they ship it in . Shedd uses railroad tankers . Was surprised to learn the Georgia is using salt mixes

There was a tv show on the workings of the Monterey aquarium about the maintenence on the water system. Their "free" water costs around 100 grand a year to keep it operating lol
    I once saw a 700 gallon in Bermuda that used an "open system" they drew water from a depth of 20 feeet and returned to the surface I was more curious about the system than the inhabitants but didn't get to ask many ?? Anyway thanks everybody gary

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    08-23-2013 12:16 AM
    I've seen the fish market guys do it for their lobster tanks. They just drive their truck to the end of the pier/dock and throw 5g buckets out on ropes then pull em up full. They dump that into a couple of Rubbermaid trashcans with locking lids in the back of the truck n drive away.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    09-28-2012 5:50 PM
    Hi
    Getting a small amount of water is not much of a problem, Transporting storing and moving not to mention quality sure is lol trying to decide if it's worth it for the savings considering all the extra equipment necessary.
    Thanks gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information