Land/water biotope thingy ideas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

boosh96

AC Members
Feb 20, 2012
Alright, so I'm thinking about making a 55 gallon land/water biotope setup with a "Taste of Africa" theme to it, implying that I only want to use mainland African animals from a similar part of the continent, and preferably African plants as well. So I need some help deciding what I could stock the setup with! Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
So when you say "mainland" you are excluding Madagascar?

boosh96

AC Members
Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, I'm thinking about either a mainland setup OR a Madagascar setup. I think that it'd be far easier to stock a mainland setup, however.

boosh96

AC Members
Feb 20, 2012
Alright, now here's what I'm thinking-can I get an Exo-Terra terrarium and stock it with one or two pygmy chameleons OR electric blue day geckos, and then stock the water part with African dwarf frogs?

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
You could do that but good luck finding Pygmy Chams and L. williamsi at a decent price right now. They don't ship either species out of Africa anymore and their prices have skyrocketed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store