Sticking Black Foam Board On Back Of Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RBoydIV

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
Anyone know a good way to stick black foam board on the back of your tank with out it looking horrible?

RBoydIV

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
nevermind. If you cut it perfect it will slide right in and fit with any adhesives. Looks great and only cost me 3 bucks. Should have done it along time ago.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
you mean like foam core cardboard?

no. there is no way.

anything you use to adhere it will be between it and the glass, and that will look crappy.

The best ways to make the back of your tank black are to

1. Paint it (I like acrylic paint on the outside)
2. Use a sheet of plastic for aquariums, squeegie it on with a little cooking oil between it and the glass (eh, not so great imo)
3. Signmakers vinyl on the outside. (squeegie it on with soapy warm water. hard to perfect, but can look perfect)
4. Use black acrylic or expanded pvc INSIDE the aquarium with silicone or magnets.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I have the foam core cardboard on all of my tanks and it looks great! It is a lot easier to do than paint and if you change your mind....it's a heck of a lot easier to change.A few stategically placed pieces of black duct tape on a black poster board and your done.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store