Name Sterotypes

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
So, I've been thinking about this for years, and figured I would finally post and see if anybody else has noticed the same thing. My name is Melissa (probably the most common female name from like 1967-1993), and I have realized over the years that there are 3 types of Melissa's:
1. "LIKE OMG!!!!!!" : Valley girl, obnoxious, self absorbed, vain. Most likely to cry over a broken nail. Free time spent buying make-up and girly clothes.
2. "You mean, I'm a girl?" : Besides ya know, the physical reminders of femininity, dress kind of tom-boy. Probably wouldn't notice that she had a broken bone. Would rather hang around with the guys, drinking beer and working on cars.
3. "Car meet, cool. Ooh! Mani-Pedi party!" : Kind of a mix of 1&2. At home with the guys, or at a nail salon. Might not notice a broken nail, but probably would notice a broken bone.

Every Melissa I have come across has a fairly large pen collection, also purses or bags.
Strange physical thing, Melissa's I've met are either heavy, or skinny. I know this is genetics, but a weird coincidence.

Kind of curious - has anybody else noticed this with your own name? If so, post a kind of informal list, like mine. If you happen to be a Melissa - feel free to add to mine haha.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
i know 4 different girls names Alisha...they are ALL CRAZY beyond girl crazy

maverickbr77

la-te-da
Jan 26, 2009
Lowville, NY
Real Name
Adam
I don't notice that at all with my name Adam. But I have dated 2 Melissa's and one was bipolar and the other was a schizophrenic.

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
@ Kaosu - is that pronounced like A-Lee-Sha or more like A-Liss-A? If its more like A-lee-sha - totally agree haha.
@ Maverick - you just got unlucky haha. I haven't met any bi-polar/schizo Melissa's although I have met a lot of co-dependent ones, or people pleasers.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
@ Kaosu - is that pronounced like A-Lee-Sha or more like A-Liss-A? If its more like A-lee-sha - totally agree haha.
A-Lee-Sha

maverickbr77

la-te-da
Jan 26, 2009
Lowville, NY
Real Name
Adam
ya but I do stereotype Melissa's now your all crazy and I mean actually clinically crazy, not realy I have 2 cousins that are Melissa one is a type 2 and the other is a type one but she is young and we have hops of turning her into at least a type 3 if not a type 2 although those types could encompass most women I know especially with the type 3 option. Oh and as long as the 2 I dated were on their meds they were fine and type 3 ;)

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
haha! Yeah - most women fall into one of the three, but I feel like its super obvious with Melissa's haha. I'm somewhere between a 2&3 - I dislocated my first rib, have had pinched nerves in my neck, am currently dealing with a tear in the labral tendon in my shoulder and still work/volunteer at a therapeutic riding center haha. I LOVE cars though, and am currently trying to get my boyfriend to teach me about hockey and some other sports. I did treat myself to a mani-pedi last week and loved every minute of it haha. My current "girly" decision is what to do with my hair haha.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
Ahaha well i have an old lady name Roberta...witch i go by Bobbie ..being a rather "boy" name..im not very girly at all but i do dress up from time to time if i have to..defiantly a tomboy

more interested in going to the lake and poking in the mud and under rocks then getting my nails or hair done..and makeup? blahh

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
I notice women named "Candy" all seem to have the same form of employment. Very strange how that happens. :cool:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store