My tank heater broke.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Windy

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Theed Palace on Naboo
Real Name
Lazaro
A few hours ago, I did a water change and forgot to unplug my heater. As the water started to pour back in to the tank, I heard this sizzling sound and realized the heater was not unplugged. Long story short my heater cracked and I fished out the broken piece from the tank. I do have another heater but its for tank up to 8 gallons and I have a 20 high. Will my fish be ok with this other heater? I set the temp to about 80 degrees. My room temp is about 72 degrees I think. Can anyone recommend a good heater for a 20 gallon high?

iheartbettas

AC Members
Sep 9, 2010
Detroit Metro area, Michigan
Real Name
Bernie
in my 20 gallon high tank, i have a 100 W ebo Jager and it consistently keeps the temp 78-80F. It takes about the entire height of the tank and the dial is pretty hard to turn, but it's pretty consistent. I also have hydors which are pretty good, and one fluval silver one which is fine also.

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
I am using Aqueon heaters now, and so far, no issues. I have them in a ll 6 of my tanks, and they are available at Petsmart. Good luck. I would keep the smaller heater in the tank until you get another.

Sunn

AC Members
Dec 22, 2011
i have a 20H as well and just got a jager, i think it's a 75W. I have it set to 80 and the tank stays rock solid right there. It also has a recalibration feature so if the temps start not matching up you can adjust accordingly, although i haven't had to use it.

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
I use fluval e series 200w and they have been perfect so far, plus they look amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I did this once...thankfully it didn't pop the tank.

:cheers:

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
The Marineland Visi-therm is also very good for the money, I've found. I like that the dial clicks when you turn it, and it keeps the tank exactly the temp I set it for. About $20. for 100 watts and it's guaranteed for life.

Windy

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Theed Palace on Naboo
Real Name
Lazaro
The Marineland Visi-therm is also very good for the money, I've found. I like that the dial clicks when you turn it, and it keeps the tank exactly the temp I set it for. About $20. for 100 watts and it's guaranteed for life.
That was the type of heater I had that broke. No more Glass heaters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store