Tank stocking suggestions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

schapman1886

AC Members
Sep 24, 2010
Hey guys,

I have a 36 gallon bow front that is in the process of cycling. It has no top (due to the lighting fixture I bought) and will eventually be moderately - heavily planted.

What would you guys suggest for this tank. I probably won't be doing any special orders, but well see.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1330362192251.jpg

AfishIonado

AC Members
Feb 26, 2012
Oklahoma
I like the freshwater puffers like the south American puffer but they have to be ordered most of the time. Discus are cool, gobys are popular and I personally like angel fish

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

schapman1886

AC Members
Sep 24, 2010
I'm not against any fish, though I'm no expert, so I would like to stay away from the more difficult species. I was considering a cichlid tank, but I have no experience with them and I'm worried about them breeding in the tank.

Also the ph of my water is around 7.4, which I think is not very compatible with german blues.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

schapman1886

AC Members
Sep 24, 2010
I currently have neon tetras and Harlequin Rasboras and a Betta in a 20gal long, so probably something different. I have tried to keep corys (though in a different location with different water qualities) and I have not had good luck with them.

The substrate in the tank is Flourite mixed with play sand, and some of the pieces in the Flourite look a bit rough, could that do damage to the cory's?

AfishIonado

AC Members
Feb 26, 2012
Oklahoma
I had a tank with cichlids when I lived with my parents and yea they bred like crazy but only 1 or 2 survived if any because they ate them I had to eventually separate them if I wanted any to survive, now my parents use that tank for sharks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bettalover77

AC Members
May 27, 2010
Real Name
Alex
you could try glo-lite danios (danio choprae, not the modified zebra danios), gouramis, featherfin rainbows (irathernia werneri), congo tetras

(not together, just suggesting species)

BanalityBob

AC Members
Oct 28, 2010
A single Angelfish, and some of the smaller puffers (like pea puffers) would work, loves Angelfish.

If you're into cichlids with your harder water, Kribensis are hardy and adapt pretty well to a lot of water conditions, if you wanna get a pair for the bottom. If you're looking for schoolers, don't forget Harlequin Rasboras and Cherry Barbs as pretty, hardy schoolers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store