WTB Biogrid for Whisper 30-60 filter - Jasper, TN

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
I need at least one biogrid, with or without the foam, that will fit a Whisper 30-60 filter. It's an older filter that someone gave me and after cleaning it up, it seems to work well. I just need the cartridge/grid that holds foam.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if anyone had one to give away for just the cost of shipping :)

Or at a reasonable price.

Thanks for looking.

kianna

Keep on swimming
Sep 15, 2008
Lakewood, WA
Are these what you.re looking for? They're 6.25" L X 4" W.

IMG_6760.JPGIMG_6761.JPG

IMG_6760.JPG IMG_6761.JPG

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
Hi. I think what I was given is an older model but the ones you have are the newer type and looks like the same thing. The measurements are close. Mine is technically 6 15/16" x 3.5" - 4" (bottom is narrow than top).

The ones you show look just like the ones on Tetra's website. Does your say a model number inside the grid or a model number? The specs are so close that I would say it will fit my Whisper 30-60.

Here is what mine looks like. I haven't cleaned it yet, it's the way I got it :)

Last edited:

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
I tossed all of mine. I just get media inserts from kens fish. They are like $1.05 each. Just slide them in.

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
I tossed all of mine. I just get media inserts from kens fish. They are like $1.05 each. Just slide them in.
Yes, this filter uses those too. But the grid holds a piece of foam that you don't ever throw away or either not after several months. Just a rinse out in tank water and you put it back in. It's not the same as the cotton and carbon filters that you throw away every month (or sooner).

kianna

Keep on swimming
Sep 15, 2008
Lakewood, WA
Are these what you.re looking for? They're 6.25" L X 4" W.

View attachment 192235View attachment 192236

Well these are plastic-no numbers on them but they came out of a whisper 40 and they.re also for the whisper 60. I still use both of those filters but not the grids. If you want them you can have them (free)....as many as you want. Just pay the shipping and there yours.

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
Well these are plastic-no numbers on them but they came out of a whisper 40 and they.re also for the whisper 60. I still use both of those filters but not the grids. If you want them you can have them (free)....as many as you want. Just pay the shipping and there yours.
Thank you. But you're the second person so far saying you don't use them :)

May I ask why? Are they not the 'bio component of the filter? Do the filters work better without them?

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
I did not see the value of having them. Just something more to clean. I have at least two on each tank and just stagger when I do filters. The carbon helps keep smells away and the water clear.

I just did not see the use for the foam. I might have put some in a canister basket.

kianna

Keep on swimming
Sep 15, 2008
Lakewood, WA
They are intended for the biological filtration media but really offer very little. All my tanks have canisters or aquaclear filters in addition to these that I use for the biological part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store