Need some advice on keeping coral

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tsdpurdue

tsdpurdue
Feb 25, 2007
Indiana
A friend that was tearing down his tank gave me this and I know they tend to be difficult to keep, but I think I am ready for the challenge. Just wondering what advice or if any of you have had success keeping these alive.

Should I target feed?? Saw online some say yes others say not needed If so what should I feed
Some stay they need to be on sand-bed, others say keep them high (closer to the light) Is that true?

My setup is a 20 gallon with T5's 96 watts. My only other corals are a leather toadstool, some zoas, and a hammer coral

coral.JPG

allenwang

Registered Member
Feb 23, 2012
They needn't to be on sand-bed, you can just put them at the bottom of the tank.
you'd better keep your light on 8 hours/day, and the temperature of you tank is 22-25 Degrees Celsius is better for your coral. By the way , you should add some traceelement in your tank, it is better for your coral too.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham

tsdpurdue

tsdpurdue
Feb 25, 2007
Indiana
Thanks for the articles. I really love this coral and I hope I will be able to keep it healthy and thriving in my aquarium.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store