yey!kirbs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ben

AC Members
Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
this may sound strange but i just wanted to say YEY! i finally got my kirbs! had such trouble getting them! ne1 got any info on breeding them?

Last edited:

yonderway

AC Members
Mar 14, 2004
Raleigh
yonderway.com
Real Name
Magnus
I picked up some youngsters over the weekend. They were being kept in pure freshwater, and looked really grey, but overall had good form.

I adjusted them up to brackish water conditions, and have been feeding them an array of quality frozen foods to condition them. Their colors have come alive, and they have turned into truly beautiful fish in only a few days time.

Best of all, they are already cleaning out nesting sites, mock egg laying, etc. They are definitely pair bonded already, and I anticipate eggs won't be a problem once they are mature. I bred kribs before years ago and I'm really happy to be giving them a go again.

Ben

AC Members
Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
ARGH!!!!! she died! dont have a clue what happened, she seemed to explode, theres a big hole right through her lower body!!!!what should i do now,can i get jsut a female? will the male be ok?

Ben

AC Members
Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
ooo there in quite a large tank with
1 rainbow shark
2 angels (small)
3 bala sharks
2 killis
2 pencil fish
2 black neons
2 danios
2 keyhole cichlids
1 whiptail cat
1 banjo cat
2 corys
2 large tiger barbs
6 neons
2 clown loaches
2 rainbow loaches

tank is 6' (replaced my original 3') and heavily planted, with plenty of bogwood and a sand substrate.

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
Hmmm.... thats quite a lot of fish! hehe

i dont know the temperments of many of those fish... but being that they are in such a large tank with lots of decoration i would almost rule out an attack from another fish.

were her eyes missing? she could have died and maybe some of the other fish were just eating her body....

and yes the male will be fine but i would opt for trying another female. its so nice to have a spawning pair :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store