NEW 135 Gallon Stocking Ideas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MalawiM@dness

AC Members
Mar 4, 2012
Just wanted to get some opinions on some possible stocking choices. Im interested in mixing a few mbuna species that arent too aggressive along with alunocara maybe 3 or 4 frontosa, a venustus, lethrinops, and i really want a malawi eye biter but I know he might be too much for the other tank mates. I know your usually not supposed to mix mbuna with peacocks or fronts but i succesfully had mbuna and peacocks in my prev tanks with minimal issues. Any suggestions would be helpful. IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I would pick the 2 less aggressive mbuna species (Yellow Labs and Ps. acei) to mix a group of each with a group of different male peacocks. Also, I would add some Haps there too; like Copadichromis borleyi, Otopharynx lithobates and a group of the Blue Dolphin (Cyrtocara moorii).
I would not mix Fronts with these fishes.

mbuna13

AC Members
Aug 29, 2007
Arizona
Lithobates yes. Fronts no. I also don't think I would mix venustus with your Peacocks. Yellow labs will do great, acei or afras.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store