Question for everyone? Should I trade my 120 for 240 tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kenjivaj

AC Members
Mar 1, 2012
Fresno, CA
Real Name
xue
Some guy on craigslist want to trade 240 gallon for a smaller tank. I debating on if I should trade mine or not. My tanks looks alot more cleaner as a picture and has a pump, sump and overflow box. My 120 has a nicer stand and top to it too. I didn't really like the way they did the over flow on the side of the 240 tank. He posted the 240 tank as an 350gallon. I told him its an 240 only. He say to me that when he bought it they told him 350gallon. Than I told him the 240gallon size of mine at home. He agree on as an 240 tank. I wish it was an 350gallon tank. (The tank with the arowana blue stand is his) This is what he posted:

I have a 350g large tank comes with nice stand but needs a little touch up but its still in good shape. Was going to be my brother's and my project salt water tank but its a little to big for us, It just the tank, 2 lids, 2 dividers for under filtration on each side, filter pads and the stand that has both side storage doors and outlet connections. It would be a killer salt water tank if somebody that could finish it . We would like to trade it for another fish tank that is smaller and complete but only a salt water tank or let me no what else you have to trade or best cash offer will take it.
Email me with with your offer, no low ballers.......
Seriouse inquires only.
Looking to trade even or a trade+$ on your end it all depends.
Ps i seen these tanks go over $1k just the tank and stand and when there finshed even way more.
Email me if seriouse only plzzzz and send pics.
Thank you

So What Does Everyone Think?

My 120tank, sump, pump, and his tank pics
IMG_2164.JPGIMG_2165.JPGIMG_2166.JPG240 tank 1.jpg240 tank 2.jpg

IMG_2164.JPG IMG_2165.JPG IMG_2166.JPG 240 tank 1.jpg 240 tank 2.jpg

AfishIonado

AC Members
Feb 26, 2012
Oklahoma
I can't really tell what his tank looks up close but from afar it looks ruff. If e is close I'd say go check it out, does it come with a pump or anything? If it doesn't I would trade only if you could afford to buy everything. Maybe a new stand haha

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

teigan666

AC Members
Sep 26, 2010
Peterborough Ontairo
Real Name
Teigan
even tho his tank is bigger your's is def better are you wanting to do freshwater or salt water? if fresh i'd say your tank is a way better show tank by far

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
I would keep your current tank. That one looks like it will require a lot more work to get it up and running.

And that is...uhmmmm....quite a stand. :D.

kenjivaj

AC Members
Mar 1, 2012
Fresno, CA
Real Name
xue
Everyone think of this. If i decide 2 sell the tank. I will get $1 per gallon only. 120 for $120 and 240 for $240. That the Street price. The tanks asserory has no value in it. I will be lucky to sell my asserory for $100. Chance are no one will buy it anyway.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Does it hold water without any leaks? Something just not adding up. I would say keep the known and not venture into the unknown unless you can see it holding water. What is his reason for trading down?

kenjivaj

AC Members
Mar 1, 2012
Fresno, CA
Real Name
xue
Here what funny or dumb about this trade. You make the call. Funny or dumb. I already own a 240 tank next to it. Funny or dumb. I don't even use my 120 tank last year, now trading for a bigger tank. Funny or dumb. Beside the 240. I have 150, 130, 100, 2-80, 2-40 breeder, 55 and 37 gallon tank at home. The 2 40 breeder just sits around for now. Even more funnier. I got this 120 tank setup completly free and sold the water chiller off it for $100.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1331081927.589918.jpg ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1331082003.390797.jpg

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
I think you would have a much easier time selling your current tank. It looks super nice, the stand is really nice..etc.

On the other tank, not as many people will have room for it, it looks a bit sketchy to me, and that stand is the creepy crazy clown of fishtank stands. It's going to give small children and some adults nightmares. Yes, you may be able to get a little bit more money for it, but you may need to hang on to it for quite a long while before you are able to unload it on someone.

Your tank you could sell tomorrow.
The larger tank you could MAYBE sell 6 months from now if you are lucky.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store