School project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I've already turned it in but do you think this would be acceptable for a Betta, my crow tail used to live in a vase that had a i3 filter inside.ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1331073571.949520.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1331073571.949520.jpg

ksterling

AC Members
Nov 7, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Real Name
Kristin
Its small. When I first started out I thought 1 gallon was fine for a betta until I put mine in a 10 gallon and discovered how much easier it was to maintain, how much more active he was and he seemed much happier overall. I shun vases and bowls now.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
I see you have a heater in it, but how about a filter? Unless you plan on doing daily 100% water changes you will need a filter.

Anything less than 5 gallons really isn't a good idea to house a betta in as well. They do a lot of swimming when given the opportunity and it's kinda cruel to keep them in a 1g vase.

BruinsBro1997

AC Members
Dec 12, 2011
California
Real Name
Ben
That doesn't necessarily mean its healthy though....

If I were you, I would just make it easier on yourself and put it in a 5 gallon tank to make water changes easier and so the betta stays healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dominuslive

AquaAddict
May 19, 2006
Iowa
My mother had 2 1 gallon bowls with lids that she housed a betta in one and a paradise gourami pair in the other. She had anacharis in each of them, kept them lit for 10 hours a day, and changed 50% of the water weekly. They were an experiment she was doing as she also had 10 25 gallon aquariums all over the house. Those 2 bowls proved to be the healthiest environtments for these fish as the paradise bred continuously, and the betta live 8 years. The betta she kept in the 25 gallon with the same care died after 2 years... So with the same care a smaller home can be more beneficial for a betta, but as far as the vase goes, not alot of surface area compared to the bowl...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

PSUsam11

AC Members
Nov 11, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Real Name
Sam
Just curious but do you know of a filter that would work for a 1 gallon vase? It's just that I used to have a betta in a 2.5 gallon and had a very hard time finding a good quality small heater

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store