40 gallon fowlr

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mudskipper10

Sharkie
Jan 24, 2011
I have a 40 gallon tank (48long 18 tall 12wide) and was thinking about a pair or two of clownfish and a yellowback gramma and a gobie or two no coral unless Idont have to feed plankton or something and maybe an anemone even if Ihave to feed it

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
If you can keep an anemone in the tank then you can keep photosynthetic corals that do not require plankton feeding. They basically have the same requirements (with anemone's being a bit on the pickier side).

mudskipper10

Sharkie
Jan 24, 2011
Ok how about:
Diamond watchman goby(valenciennea puellaris)
1-2 purple fire fish (nemateleotris decora)
orchid dottyback (pseudochromis fridmani)
Maybe a group of yellowtail damsels ( chrysiptera parasema)
Pair of or one black clownfish (amPhiprion ocellaris var.)
(shrimp could be with goby if compatible with other tankmates) let me know if I could add more or if I can keep some on the list but not all. :) :)

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
I'd dump the damsels, I know they're tempting but so many stories of a fine fish that suddenly starts terrorizing a tank. Then you have to tear the tank down to get the damsel out.

I would look at a blenny instead if the damsels. I have a black sailfin blenny, but they are many kinds and they have great personalities.

I have a diamond watchman, he's cool looking but a bit shy. My yellow watchman is much more bold. My ywg is paired with a candy pistol shrimp, highly recommend as well to go with a goby.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
I have a royal gramma, not sure if that's the same as yours but I like him and I'd say you could add him.

I'd check for the shrimp on live aquaria, they usually have a big selection and you can get a feel for what you like.

mudskipper10

Sharkie
Jan 24, 2011
I love live aquaria!:) they have the best selection ever! I will check it out. Are there places that I can get cheap but healthy live rock? Now many pounds do I need

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Do you have to have live rock? Personally I would do the brs Eco saver rock. I did their pukani rock, and had some pretty bad algae problems. I would get 25 to 35 lbs of dry rock and get a piece or two of live rock to get started.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store