Are my otos / SAE full?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

unseenone00

AC Members
Sep 30, 2011
Maryland
Real Name
Nick
72 bow front heavily planted, with 4 otos and 1 true SAE. But they sit on the bottom most of the time not doing much, does this mean they are full? There is still alot of fuzz algae and brown diatoms or something on the moss. I will be getting probably 6 more otos and 2 more true SAE when they come in on tuesday

andyjh

AC Members
Feb 18, 2009
Massachusetts
I think part of it is the fact that you have just one true SAE. I've got three and they really hang together and seem to be in constant motion. Please report back when he gets two friends.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
for otos, mine are "full" meaning rounded bellies(not exploding, but normal), but are always darting around in a trio, and eating of one leave of my crypt, and then choosing another, and then DW, and so on.........maybe urs are just lazy:D and only eat a lot at once? idk. watch them at night liek said above^

unseenone00

AC Members
Sep 30, 2011
Maryland
Real Name
Nick
ok so then the oto feed at night mostly then? I mean I catch them eating on glass every once in awhile. they dont look bloated but they are certainly not skinny. 2 oto and 1 sae are just a few days in the tank now, the other 2 otos are 2+months old and alot bigger... as for parameters, because of pressurized co2, the pH is around 6.0. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 20nitrates, 78-79 degrees F. - now im noticing that the SAE sort of looking at the substrate for food i guess as well as sitting on it

isellcars

AC Members
Mar 5, 2012
I had 8 Ottos in my 90g. I say had cause 3 have died over the past month. It gets bloated and then a couple days later it is dead. What can cause this? Water seems to be fine so not sure what the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

unseenone00

AC Members
Sep 30, 2011
Maryland
Real Name
Nick
some shipments of otos from overseas dont do so well so if they are new that may be it. Or maybe parasites?

My otos and SAE have gotten BIG. But the algae is no longer visible in my tank except green spot (really hard to eat, normally impossible)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store