My New Angels.. what kind are they?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

therese marie

fish lover
Mar 4, 2012
So CA
I got 4 new stunning Angels for my 60 gl tank yesterday. I am not sure what kind they are, I think the blk/white is marble, not sure on the rest. Do you know?The one on ( last 3 photos) so not sure what that one is .. Stunning in real life.Much paler than the others.
Sorry I took them with my iphone..
Also, I am new to Angels.. is this common for them to just say in a group and not really swim around.? I got them from a quality fish store yesterday.

022.JPG 023.JPG 024.JPG 025.JPG 026.JPG 029.JPG 033.JPG 035.JPG

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
So, looks to me like you have a silver....the one with the stripes.....and the others are marbles. The one that is pale is a smoky marble. Pretty fish. How big are they? Hard to tell from pic.

They look plump and healthy, except that their fins look kind of scraggly (highly professional fish keeping vocabulary there). It doesn't look too bad yet....I would do daily to every other day big water changes until their fins heal up.

Anything in the tank with them?

therese marie

fish lover
Mar 4, 2012
So CA
I just got them yesterday. I got them with 2 blue rams. The fish are 2 gromi's, betta and couple cory's and a pleco.. They are a good size for fish store. Their bodies are the size of a half dollar.
The pale one was in a tank in the front of the store with discuss, the other 3 were in a tank with just angels. The lfs is one of the biggest in So Ca.. I had to drive 30 miles to it LOL.
Thanks. I will do the water changes, just did one couple days ago, going to do another one now.
Oh and the one with lots of yellow, top photo, I thought that was a koi, no?

Last edited:

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I am no expert, but from What I have read and seen, the distribution of black makes it a marble. They are very similar. Either way, they are very pretty. The fins will bounce back and you will be amazed at how much better they will look. Just do lots of water changes and watch hem closely.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
1 looks to be smokey half black/marble
1 gold marble(some consider it koi but I think koi have more orange i them)

1 silver 1 marble all either veil or super veil

fifthofnovember

AC Members
Feb 28, 2010
What Star Rider said. ^

You also have at least 2 males - the gold marble and the silver. I think the smokey is a female. Can't tell from the pic which sex the black marble is for sure. Do you think you'll try breeding?

therese marie

fish lover
Mar 4, 2012
So CA
oh that is so cool.. not sure I want to try breeding, at least not for a couple yrs.. from what I seen from the youtube videos, so much work LOL..
BTW, How can you tell what sex they are from the photos?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
the smokey half black looks to be exposing the tube.. from my guess it would be male.. the others..I wouldn't venture a guess ..the best way to sex angels is 'venting' checking the ovipositor..the males is slim and long the females is usually short and blunt and visibly larger.

the angels are P. Scalare(species)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store