Metaframe Fish Tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
Does anyone know where I can get information on Metaframe fish tanks. Possibly the history of the tanks. I bought 12 tanks and many hoods. All are Stainless steel with slate bottoms. Now I have a chance to buy a black Metaframe tank with a glass bottom, but I don't know if it is really a metaframe tank. It has a sticker on it saying Metaframe. The only information I have is on the box with the lights. It says 1964 Metraframe corporation Maywood New Jersy.

napsterninja

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Maybe the previous owner painted that one. I have some too, and not all are made by metaframe. I have Pemco and others which has no brand on it. All of are of various sizes too. As for the one with the sticker, does it really matter if its a true "metaframe" tank? As long as the tank frame is metal, right? Can you post a picture of the tank? As for info, your best bet is to google metaframe and pemco. Not much but there is a little. Good luck!

150EH

Registered Member
Jun 2, 2012
Churchton, MD.
Real Name
Tim
I'm going to Baltimore tomorrow to pick up a 10 gallon, but there's no hood, light, etc. So if you ever have extras you want to sell, I'm your guy.

I'm also looking for some history, that's how I ended up here!

geopa

AC Members
Jun 19, 2007
Back in the 1960's Metaframe was a big name in aquariums, even published a magazine "The Aquarium" that was the magazine to have at that time, originally published by Dr William T Innes who was the aquarium expert for many years. I still have a 1 gallon Metaframe tank in storage but I dont think it has a slate bottom like many of them in the 60's
Attractive tanks but they did have a tendency to leak around the glass/metal juncture/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store