Angelfish pair?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
I am finishing off the stocking of my 63g, the stocking is currently
1 Bolivian ram
10 cardinals
10 rummy nose
1 tiger pleco

My question is how many angels should I go for, one or two? So many conflicting things here.
The tank is heavily planted with swords and vals, it is at 80degrees and has two eheim 2213 filters on it. 0ammonia 0nitrite <5 nitrate.

Let me know!
Tony

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
I've got a pair of angels in my 50b with tetras, corys, and a couple plecos, there is even a female apistogramma in there. What i've seen with them is that they are mostly mean to each other, bickering almost continually but also inseparable. They're just learning how to breed at this point and are working on their third clutch of eggs as I type this. They can be rude to their tank mates, especially around breeding time, but for the most part as long as the other fish is smart enough to swim away, nothing happens, I've never seen them hunt another adult fish (I've even got some habrosus or pygmy corys) but they've killed hundreds of guppy fry as well as decimating what was once a flourishing population of malawi shrimp. My best advice since I've seen so many conflicting views and am currently typing one, is that, you should get whatever number of angels make you happy, i really wanted two, and then depending on their personality decide whether or not they will be compatible with your community, if they're not... then bust out a 29g and have an angel tank :D. Also, they are absolutely brutal to stressed fish and must be QTd when introducing new/scared fish to the tank. During acclimation they'll be all over the bag pecking and threatening, but I'll pop them in a breeder box (1 each or they'll start fighting each other) and then introduce the new livestock, releasing the angels only after the new guy has settled in and they've gotten bored.

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
I think they get more territorial with age. The conventional wisdom on stocking is a single centerpiece, a mated pair, or six of them.

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
I did want just one to be honest :eek:) so one it is!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store