Updates, 40b, 10g QT, and 2.5 (pic heavy)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Taari

AC Members
Nov 4, 2010
After killing 4 German Blue Rams, I decided I want to start over with my 40 breeder. I'm going to keep all the fish and plants that are currently in it, but tear it down and completely rescape, change the substrate, and add some new fish.
Here's how it looks right now, including the spot where the dwarf sagitaria is randomly dying off.

Here's my 10g QT tank with my 20 glowlight tetras. I bought them for $1 each at petsmart on sale to replace the ember tetras that I can't seem to keep alive in my 40g. So far no losses, but I just added the second batch of 10 today, so we'll see.

And finally my 2.5 gallon with my white and copper dragonscale halfmoon plakat betta. The wood is Manzanita from Mr. Tom Barr.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
It's funny, I saw "here's my cool betta (sic)" & I thought, I need a better pic! & then there was 1! Pretty boy & nice wood!

Looks like you may have some staghorn algae in the first tank? & dying sags...What's your lighting & ferts? Params? We can help, I think...

What's the "strings of pebbles" in the QT?

Sorry to go all picky, your tanks look nice!

BruinsBro1997

AC Members
Dec 12, 2011
California
Real Name
Ben
Your tank looks super nice, I like it a lot! Your 40B looks best, I wanted to add some more wood but it's all plants now :/

Just a question, but what's your current stock in the 40?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Taari

AC Members
Nov 4, 2010
There is no staghorn algae in the 40, but I do have black hair algae. I'm probably going to do a blackout before I tear it down. There's no explanation for the dying sags other than they grew too thick and started to choke themselves out. The patch of them on the right side of the tank is doing fine, the patch on the left is dying out. I'm going to replace them with dwarf hairgrass.

The stock is one chocolate gourami, 4 otos, one stiphodon goby, and 5 ember tetras. I'm going to put in the 20 glowlights, a pair of dwarf cichlids, and probably a couple more gobies once I redo the tank.

Oh, and the "strings of pebbles" in the 10g is the remains of the DIY divider I had in there when I had it split for two bettas. The rocks are sciliconed to the glass and I have a piece of plastic craft canvas that I can slide between them. The rocks and the substrate hold the divider in place.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
I like your beta tank, I've got a blue dragonscale living in one that looks just like it. Its actually kindof funny, we have almost all the same plants, different layouts of course but nice taste!!:clap:

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
Very nice! Your 2.5 looks so much bigger. Who is Mr. Tom Barr? I have some manzanita from a member here, can't remember the name, though. That's a nice piece.

ryukin_5

AC Members
Mar 30, 2010
Antigua W.I
( Who is Mr. Tom Barr?)...... Oh no you didnt just say that ......lol lol lol
Seriously though google him.
Who is Tom Barr (in a sarcastic voice) really......lol lol no pun intended...

Well a little. :]

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
( Who is Mr. Tom Barr?)...... Oh no you didnt just say that ......lol lol lol
Seriously though google him.
Who is Tom Barr (in a sarcastic voice) really......lol lol no pun intended...

Well a little. :]
I thought the same thing...lol...for those who do not know of Tom Barr here ya go
http://www.barrreport.com/

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
Sorry for not knowing! Let's start a poll and find out who else around here is ignorant of the infamous Mr. Tom Barr. LOL. :bowing: :grinyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store