New Angels fighting

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

therese marie

fish lover
Mar 4, 2012
So CA
Its me again.. I lost one of my new Angels yesterday and went today to the same aquatics fish store to buy another smokey. They had just got some new ones in today so I bought 2 more .. Looks like they come from the same place,they both look alike. They are smokey blue veiltails.
They are fighting now.. I have other angels and never once did they fight. I thought it was a myth LOL..
But these are mouth to mouth fighting. I don't know if it is stress from being shipped to store, and bought in the same day.. Should I leave them to work it out? My other tanks are a cichlids tank and other is a shrimp tank .. I figure they are siblings, will they get along? Ha ha, well I laugh as I type this listening to my 2 teen daughters argue..

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
How long we're the other ones in there before you added the new ones? How many all together now in what size tank?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

therese marie

fish lover
Mar 4, 2012
So CA
I had 3 before, added 2 more.. I had the other 3 for a week. I just got the 2 new ones today and they are the ones fighting, not the others. As of now, I turned the lights off and each one is on the other side or the tank. They are in a 60 gl tank. Hope all is okay for now.. I am hoping it was stress from being in the bag together on the drive home plus being moved twice in one day..

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
these angels are not juveniles.
I suspect you may have a pair forming or possibly an aggressive angel establishing dominance...angels can be very conspecific aggressive-aggressive to it's own species.
you may need to rehome some angels as this may be the only way to end aggression issues

therese marie

fish lover
Mar 4, 2012
So CA
Well they are doing great today.. I kept the lights off the tank till today.. They are right near each other too and adjusting just fine. I feel so much better now.. I think since I bought them yesterday and the store just unloaded them and place in their tank, then I bought them an hour later and drove 30 minutes home with both in the same bag... they were just tired LOL..
I will keep an eye out for sure tho.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
yeah, I would advise keeping an eye out too and if it starts up again, you may need to separate them. As they grow, it only gets worse once it starts.... and one usually winds up gone...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store