What do you feed your apistogramma cacatuoides?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

martialtheory

my hands are never dry
Oct 14, 2007
Hey I am an incredible armature when it comes to cichilds. I'm thinking about getting some and I am setting up my tank. But I am unsure as to what to feed them? One guy at my lfs told me they eat plant based foods. But I thought they where carnivorous.

So what do you guys feed them? Live foods? What kind of prepared foods? I'm not sure what to buy with all these brands and cichlid formulas out there.

Sincerely
Clueless Dope

martialtheory

my hands are never dry
Oct 14, 2007
So do you feed them plant matter? Like do u feed them cucumbers or lettuce?

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
lol wow...*crickets* I feed mine pretty much everything. Diet is based on NLS pellets, she also gets spirulina flakes that have some krill protein etc. freeze dried blood worms, frozen mysis shrimp, frozen cyclopeeze, blanched zucchini and peas, garlic community flakes, live flightless fruit flies and whatever else seems fun and healthy to feed my fish. She is a big fat pig. (the gorgeous double red male died shortly after arrival :cry:)

martialtheory

my hands are never dry
Oct 14, 2007
Awesome finally. Now I am getting somewhere.

Thanks fozzy.

Samsmobb

AC Members
Feb 1, 2012
Gaithersburg Maryland
Depends what kind of cichlids they are, south American to central usually do well with some plant matter based foods and a high protein meal

As opposed to African cichlids they usually do well with a diet HIGH in plant matter and not very high level of protein

martialtheory

my hands are never dry
Oct 14, 2007
Depends what kind of cichlids they are, south American to central usually do well with some plant matter based foods and a high protein meal

As opposed to African cichlids they usually do well with a diet HIGH in plant matter and not very high level of protein
Its for apistogrammas as per title.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store