Betta Revive for Fin Rot?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dbro

Registered Member
Mar 27, 2012
Hello, this is my first post to Aquaria Central and I'm really hoping I can get some help from experts!

My bettas have fin rot - I've had each of them on Betta Revive for 7 days, 50% water changes daily, and aquarium salt. I have a few questions:
1) For those of you who have used Betta Revive, has it worked for your bettas?
2) How do you know if it is working? It's hard to tell through a visual inspection alone!
3) My local fish shop owner said that if I don't see results within the 7 day window, it would be okay to give them a second 7-day dosage of the Betta Revive (so the total would be 14 days on this medicine). However, the packaging says to only go 7 days and find another treatment if there are no results. Anyone have experience with extending treatment longer than recommended by the manufacturer?

Any other tips on curing fin rot would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Look at MGamer's threads....I saved a betta part one, two and three. I would contact him@!!!

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
I have never used it, but had amazing luck with Maracyn 2 for fin rot/columnaris. I wouldn't do a 2nd round of that medication if it says not to... Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store