Got fry ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Well yes we do. In fact, 102 of them ! These are L400s. raised and bred by me. I broke down their tank on Sat (mostly to catch a rogue red ancistrus fry I had put in there to grow out and have now sold). I knew I had a bunch, but never dreamed that I had this many. And, to make it even better, one of the males is guarding more eggs in his cave ! The first pic is of all the 400s, and the second is a pic of those that are big enough to sell and ship. Enjoy.

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
WOW!! They are gorgeous!! Will you be offering them for sale in the classifieds?? :D

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Yep, they are listed in the classifieds. Thanx.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Wow! Thats a lot of fry! Way to go! They are so cute, are they as reclusive as some plecos can be? So little info on the L400s is available, but you've got the knack! Congrats

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
fishorama - yes, they are fairly reclusive, as are all hypancistrus. The fry, however, are not. They are out and about a lot of the time.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!! How big do you estimate each spawn of theirs to be?

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Debbi, usually hypancistrus are known for their small spawns. When I was breaking down the tank, a clutch of eggs came out of a cave that a male was still in. I put the eggs back in the cave, and I would guess there were 20 or so eggs, which is nearly double what I would have guessed. However, to have as many fry as I found, they must havehad larger spawns regularly, as there are only 3 females (and 4 males) in the group, and the spawning has been going on for not that long a time period.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store