lepidiolamprologus hecqui

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

iheartbettas

AC Members
Sep 9, 2010
Detroit Metro area, Michigan
Real Name
Bernie
I fell in love with these at an auction a while back. I might have jumped the gun on these guys, but I loved their color pattern. They're still small, about 1.5 inches long. No substrate in the 20 gallon. just shells. Any advice on keeping these guys. Not sure if I'll keep them long term. Might sell them back to the auction. I'm just not sure yet. Advice on possible substrate, proper shells for these guys, appropriate tank size, etc. Thanks so much.

[YT]sgaWIDctuVI[/YT]

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I have raised these guys before, actually i just sold off my last pair that i have had for 3 yrs about a month ago, Mine were in a 120gal with two pairs and they bred constantly, when i first acquired them they were about 2" and i started them out in a 20gal long by themselves, setup was very fine sand substrate with Texas Holey Rock and Japanese snail shells..

What you will need to do is wait til you get a pair and then get rid of the rest and keep the pair by themselves in a tank size of 40gal or less. The males are bigger than the females..

Give them a chance you will like them they take time to grow on you..

Here are a couple of mine i use to have..
004.JPG

038.JPG

039.JPG

004.JPG 038.JPG 039.JPG

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
A 20 is fine for a pair, just auction off the extras after you have an established pair. They'll take care of the fry, don't eat after they're free-swimming them like some species. Escargot shells should be fine, my adult pair seem to like them well enough.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
The tank is looking great now! How large is this hecqui colony?

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Cool! Good luck!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store