It's Funny When It's Not You

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

IneptHero7

AC Members
Mar 18, 2012
Iowa City, Iowa
Just thought I would post my lapse in thought earlier today. Was taking my sponge filter out of my 27gal shrimp cube tank for it's first monthly cleaning. Had gotten through a full month cycle, with no real algae, and as I'm taking my sponge filter out of the tank to put it in the 5gal bucket to rinse it out with tank water, keeping the good bacteria, keep my tank going, I squeeze the sponge filter to get rid of the extra water before moving it out of the tank to be cleaned (yeah, that's the best excuse I have for doing it even though I know I shouldn't have done it) and release all the accumulated gunk right back into my tank. Yeah! Used some extra air line tubing to try and clean all of it up, finished my water change and sponge cleaning, this time in the 5gal bucket I was talking about and know plan on doing another change in a couple of days once everything clears up. Yes, it was one of those total 'Duh' moments. It has mostly cleared up.

Roger

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Welcome to the world of fish keeping Roger ! Been there, done that.

Bushkill

Registered Member
Dec 1, 2011
Bushkill, PA
Real Name
Angelo
Just thought I would post my lapse in thought earlier today. Was taking my sponge filter out of my 27gal shrimp cube tank for it's first monthly cleaning. Had gotten through a full month cycle, with no real algae, and as I'm taking my sponge filter out of the tank to put it in the 5gal bucket to rinse it out with tank water, keeping the good bacteria, keep my tank going, I squeeze the sponge filter to get rid of the extra water before moving it out of the tank to be cleaned (yeah, that's the best excuse I have for doing it even though I know I shouldn't have done it) and release all the accumulated gunk right back into my tank. Yeah! Used some extra air line tubing to try and clean all of it up, finished my water change and sponge cleaning, this time in the 5gal bucket I was talking about and know plan on doing another change in a couple of days once everything clears up. Yes, it was one of those total 'Duh' moments. It has mostly cleared up.

Roger
"Duh" moments are the ones you can laugh off. I guess I have my "ADHD" moments that come close to making me cry.

Daughter #2 decides she needs a pet cat in her apartment while she's away at school. When daughter #2 comes home from school, of course, Mr. Kitty comes along with her. Mr. Kitty is VERY inquisitive, agile, and just roams all over the house. Not at all like our in/out cats that just come in for a snack, scratch on the head, and a nap. Sooooo, Mr. Kitty decides to walk into the water heater closet while I open the faucet to fill the top-off tubs in the fish room. You guessed it. Trying to coax him out of there was enough to make me forget the water was running. Came down the next morning to what sounded like rain in the forest. Not a proud moment.

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Bushkill, that's an OUCH moment !! LOL

Cathan

AC Members
Apr 3, 2012
Burbank California
This has happened to me. Not only once but a few times. each time I do it, my brother facepalms and we both just laugh it off. One time I forgot that I put one of my mystery snails in a container as I was busy cleaning the tank and it kept getting in my way. I kind of forgot about it and the next day I see the shell on the floor. :3

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
That is so funny, Roger. And yes... it's because I've done the exact same thing!

:rofl:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store