Wild-Type Bettas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
You usually don't see them in pet stores because some people don't find them as colorful, therefore as sale-able as those bred for color and fin types.

But to answer your question...Yes, yes you can. lol

Check out Aquabid. They usually have some listed.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettas
There..even did the search for ya! :)

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
ive had one before. it was a cool fish but it died fairly shortly after i got it. i just dont think it handled the stress of moving well. betta coccina wa the type i got. but i had to pick it up from a store in san francisco. it was harder to find but overall a cool fish

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
My LFS specializes in bettas and he regularly gets in wild types with his shipments, but he doesnt keep them stocked all the time. A few weeks ago he got about 5 different species of wild bettas. There are some wild species that I LOVE, so pretty in a subtle way! There was one I he had a couple of months ago that I fell in adoration with and would have bought in a heartbeat if I had anywhere to put him. He does ship fish, so shoot me a PM if you are interested in getting in contact with him.

catherinecarney

AC Members
May 3, 2012
Would Hoffer's Tropic Life be your LFS?? If so, they have an incredible selection of fish (and other stuff). People/aquarium clubs in the midwest regularly schedule day trips to go there and shop!

leeb62

Registered Member
Mar 14, 2012
My LFS specializes in bettas and he regularly gets in wild types with his shipments, but he doesnt keep them stocked all the time. A few weeks ago he got about 5 different species of wild bettas. There are some wild species that I LOVE, so pretty in a subtle way! There was one I he had a couple of months ago that I fell in adoration with and would have bought in a heartbeat if I had anywhere to put him. He does ship fish, so shoot me a PM if you are interested in getting in contact with him.
Whats the name of that petstore i'll have to check it out sometime?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store