If you own any marineland canister filter please read!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cekmgreen

AC Members
Apr 4, 2012
please if anyone owns a marineland canister filter please help me i just bought my first one reason i posted in the newbie section. i have always had marineland hob filters now i upgraded to the big c-530 and i read the directions a dozon times ended up with about 15 gallons of water on the ground and i have taken it apart and put it back together many times still leaks like crazy out of the top of it. and the primer button is stuck in the down positions. i dont no if this matters but when you pull the lid off the whole lid is full of water even in the primer area. i pulled the big cap off of primer to see inside all full of water????

im just lost need some help before my fish die they need more filtration and marineland is closed until monday and im stuck.

btw the thing is brand new i have never had it up and going just leaks everywhere around the lid and handles.

thanks in advance cale!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
There should be an o-ring that seals the top of the canister when you put it together. Was that in place? If it was, did you use any of the (usually included) silicone to help with the seal? These are the first things that came to mind.

cekmgreen

AC Members
Apr 4, 2012
the big seal yes it was in place first thing i look at and everything was lathered up good but it didnt come with extra

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store