critters

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sbazain

sbazain
Apr 4, 2012
miami
Real Name
sergio bazain
little critters all over my front glass and in the return chamber of the sump any body know what they are:(

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Do you have any Nerites? Could be snail eggs.

Otherwise probably a common type of invertebrate. Not sure if they are snail or worms, but basically they grow a spiral-shaped shell on the glass and then live in it. Usually if anything commonly moves across the glass (especially a glass scraper... :laugh:) they never have a chance to get established. I have them all over my overflows, since nothing bothers to clean those. They don't harm anything.

sbazain

sbazain
Apr 4, 2012
miami
Real Name
sergio bazain
the white I know they are little snails eggs ma not worried about that is the green circles their hard like coralline algae but olive green in color , the little critters a'm talking about are to small to see cant show you maybe they'll disappear soon what your seeing in the picture is the back glass

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
The little critters sound like copepods but hard to say for sure without a picture. If it is copepods they are harmless and sometimes desirable (it is extremely difficult to keep Dragonets without them).

The green stuff is most likely exactly as you say, coralline algae but olive green. There are a variety of coralline algaes, with a full range of colors.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
You probably introduced something awhile back with green coraline growth. I have purple spots in mine because I had live rock and snails with it.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
If they are too small to photo they are mostly likely pods or hydroids (jellyfish). If the later, they will not survive long. How old is this tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store