Chocolate Cichlid

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

finlandsmama

Registered Member
Apr 2, 2012
Does anyone know what these are worth? I have a 9" chocolate cichlid (I bought a tank and wasn't informed it came with the fish in it, so I need to find it a good home asap) I hopefully have a buyer for her but they're refusing to make an offer, would rather me state a price, but I've honestly no idea. She's in beautiful condition, strangely affectionate fish (likes to try to cuddle up to people if they sit next to the tank etc)

Can anyone help? Or point me in the direction of someone who can?

Thanks in advance x

carolinyens

AC Members
Apr 20, 2009
Butner NC
Maybe someone on aquabid is selling them. Typically aquabid is a little higher than what I feel is usually a decent price. Maybe thatll get you started

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Ime big fish are only worth what someone is willing to pay. Not everyone is equipped to care for them. Therefore there is not an abundance of people looking for big fish. You are not gonna get a lot. Seems like it is a mutually beneficial situation....you need the fish gone, and they want the fish.
I paid 25 dollars once for nice large Severums...but that is personally about all I would pay.

Shaysfishys

AC Members
Aug 22, 2011
Oregon
I'd toss out $25, that's a very fair price. Chocolates are one species I've always got in a tank, great fish with oodles of personality

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store