Clown Goby

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Looking at stocking options for my nano, I like the black clown's but are they totally unsafe for SPS or are certain SPS's safe from them? Also heard mixed things about keeping them with nem's thoughts?

If the clown's going to be a no go thoughts on other personable nano fish? Tank will have Ocellaris clown, pompom, hermits, sexy shrimp,snails and various corals hard and soft. 3rd and final fish I'm leaning towards a Barnacle Blenny.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Well it was 20L till it sprung a leak moved things over to a 10g for now, but I'm not adding any new fish until the end of the month waiting to see if petco runs the $1 sale again, either way the end of the month I'll move everything again into a 20 tall this time.
This is it at the moment.

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Clown gobies in general are kind of hard to keep. Mainly an eating issue. Citrons are a little easier but still don;t have the best survival rate. Yellows live and breed in SPS but will also nibble a polyp or two now and then. None of them are "no-go's", its just sometimes difficult to get a healthy one that is eating well.

For a 20 gallon a good fish would be a tailspot blenny.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I did read about the eating issues, the captive bred ones aren't suppose to be as hard to get to eat, if I got one I'd make sure it was one of the captive bred's, but if they may chew on stuff at random I'll probably skip, since I may want to get some expensive pieces.

Tailspot's are cool but that would probably have me skip the barnacle blenny to avoid conflict and still leave me with an open spot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store