How do you feed frozen cubes?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
Before I switched to hikari's bloodworms, I used the kind that came in cubes.

What I did (and do with my other cubed foods) is set aside a small cup for feeding. Fill it with tank water and let the cube thaw in there before feeding.

The Inspector

Redneck member
Mar 16, 2004
Hawkinsville, GA
Visit site
I have a small dish just for feeding. I put a little aquarium water in it then the cube, let it thaw 5-10 min, then just dump the entire contents into the tank. All food gone within 3 min.

Captain Hook

Looking for ideas
Aug 21, 2003
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I wrap it in paper towel and let it thaw in there. That way all the juices are soaked up and don't end up in the tank. Then I add it to a small cup filled with tank and dump it in.

rich

AC Members
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
ill either thaw in water as suggested above or if im in a hurry ill just pitch it in. in most tank water it will start to dissolve pretty quick and my larger fish gang up on it and rip it apart. kindof nat to watch really.

Makino

AC Members
Apr 30, 2003
England
Visit site
I wrap it in paper towel and let it thaw in there. That way all the juices are soaked up and don't end up in the tank. Then I add it to a small cup filled with tank and dump it in.
Exactly what i do Captain Hook . I don't like the thought of all that juice in my tank. The effects are probably minimal, but it's a reduction in waste, so why not?

glommes

AC Members
Oct 12, 2001
How do you feed your frozen cubes?

I put a hamburger and fries in front of my frozen cube but it just sat there and stared at it. :D

Raithan Ellis

I'm only crabby due to lack of beer
Jan 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
www.flickr.com
Often I will use a good kitchen knife and cut the cubes while frozen, sliced and diced. Exercise caution, if the frozen cube doesn't give or split easily, allow it to thaw for a minute or two and try again.

I find this to work best for Angelfish and other species that don't have raspy teeth for scraping algae and such.

Cheers,
Raithan O. Ellis

btowntaz

AC Members
Feb 22, 2003
My Red Bellied Pacu inhales those frozen Beefheart cubes. They fit right in his big *** mouth.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store